Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Why are crossbows illegal in most states? >

Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Sorry but that last post was not worth a retort. I am getting bored. Goodbye!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Spike

Shotgun= Xbow Wow never thought I could take a deer at 100+ yards with my xbow..... No I will not be trying that! The xbow is closer to a longbow or compound in the fact that you have limited range. I have taken deer with a shotgun as far as 100 yards, with a compound bow no farther than 40 yards, I feel comfortable shooting ata deer out to 40 yards with my xbow! Can I hit thebullseye at longer distance you bet but the arrow may or may not be able to inflict sufficient trauma toan animal. Let alone the speed factor....where an animal can "jump the string". I'll drop it there!The graphic that Rebel has there is a little outdated. The great state of Kentucky isn't yellow! Wehad our first xbow season this past year! And I can't wait for next year! Here I'll sign my name to this one!

Mitch Hall
Old 01-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Your crossbow argument is weak, combine that with your inability to spell and yousound like a fool.
A spell checker program will elevate your point of view to idiotic, at best.
Take your trash elsewhere, surely there are forums where your distorted perspective can be appreciated, it's looking like this isn't one of them.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Ignore him. Another Troll loose from where ever they stay.

Got to love it's "my opinion". Great to have opinions but theres also a place and time to give them. Now and here isn't it. You always hear about proficiency tests in archery. How about an intelligence test? Now that I can agree with. Shame every xbow thread on increasing states they are allowed in ends up like this. I used to think most bow hunters were better, now I'm starting to think they're just greedier. They sure prove it every time they get a chance.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Michael A Hall-smokepolehall! I don't knowed what CB yer shooting one handed, ain't the one i own. My max range is 35 yds.! I have a scope with xhair in it! My CB is 36.5" from limb tip to tip, which is longer than 80 percent of the compound bows being made. State facts! We all have opinions, some are pain in the rear! I would never compare my shotgun to my CB, my shotgun will put slugs in a pie plate at 75 yds. with its bead sight! I am glad you use a CB and thats yer choice around housing and folks outside. I have quit using the rifles around my area fer that same reason. You have a good one.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got to love it's "my opinion".
Exactly. Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one. Noone likes a smelly fart, and noone likes a stupid opinion.Keep'm to yourselves!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:39 PM

CROSSGUNS are illegal in most states for the majority of people as bowhunters, traditional and modern, don't want them legalized. I do not have one, but would consider adding one in addition to my compound, but not yet legal in MN. There is a movement in MN to legalize though and I would guesstimate that within 5 yearscrossbows will be legal in MN for everyone.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

CROSSGUNS are illegal in most states for the majority of people as bowhunters, traditional and modern, don't want them legalized. I do not have one, but would consider adding one in addition to my compound, but not yet legal in MN. There is a movement in MN to legalize though and I would guesstimate that within 5 yearscrossbows will be legal in MN for everyone.
What is a crossgun?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

What is a crossgun?
AHHHHHHH, laugh out loud!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

What is a crossgun?
I would have to guess a man in womens clothes holding a gun.. It's his compound, he can wear what he wants.

Quick Reply: Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.