Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 things that sucked >

things that sucked

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

things that sucked

Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default things that sucked

Hey guys. What did you guys buy that didn't work better than a pinch of coon ppop? I bought one of those infa-red game recovery thingys. And yup it don't work. Don't waste your money.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: things that sucked

Is this like the worst I did in 2006?? Guilty as charged, made two major mistakes last year.I gave some advice that was not 100 % accurate. 1st off, because of Cabelas erroneous info, I told countless people that 10 pts Elite arrows were the same as Danny Millers, when in fact, those plastic nocks were 12 grs different.[431 gr vs 420 gr] 2nd was my disbelief that Danny Miller advises not to wax strings.I'm currently trying that on two xbows, and, liking it very much!! Gotta deal w/ Htoler on that one, lol, and dayam, I hate to lose!![ But I did] I just love this sport/hobby/fascination/obsession as I see it, and try to share. Straight Arrows to all!!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

My aim! I guess i cant hit sh*t on a rainbow if i tryed when i'm all pumped up with a deer infront of me. I'm gonna go try again soon.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

My first wife turned out to be less than desirable..
Old 01-12-2007, 06:22 AM

Two calls that I bought this fall and both sucked, or I sucked at using them. I bought a EZEE-WHEZZ (sorry on the spelling) Its the call that sounds like a deer is letting all his air out real fast, that call sucked for the most part. And then I bought a new fawn is distress call. I must be making it to real cause the few deer I tried it on got the heck out of my area. The first call I know I am doing right, cause it shows it on the DVD that came with. The second call I am not sure if I am doing it right.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Gosh! I have drawers full of Gimicks that I have bought over the years!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

I bought some Tink's doe pee this year for the first time in several years and it scared the crap outta my bucks and almost cost me the nice 8 pointer I got with my xbox sept 30th which was a week later after the doe pee. I don't like scents, calls or mock scrapes. I guess I don't know how to use them well or the deer in my area are too smart for me to get away with using them on them. Myphilosophy is: let Mother Nature's scent call in the deer, they like her smell better than mine!
BBO
Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

LOL, David, you must have a XXL jock strap or your wife doesn't see this. If she sees this you're going to have a bald spot on the back of your head!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

LOL, David, you must have a XXL jock strap or your wife doesn't see this. If she sees this you're going to have a bald spot on the back of your head!

Don, did you noticed the Title of this thread?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

The packaging was terrific, but once I got into the box things went downhill.

My wife is well aware of a 6 month mistake I made when I was 18..

Quick Reply: things that sucked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.