Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Santa brought me an EXCAL!!!! >

Santa brought me an EXCAL!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Santa brought me an EXCAL!!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Santa brought me an EXCAL!!!!

Hi ya'll. Just wanted to share my good news -- DH bought me an Excal Exocet with an Excal scope for Christmas (it was used, but I love a bargain!) It was drop dead accurate from the first time I shot it. Now that I've adjusted the rope cocker, I can even cock it myself. (I'm female.) Several of ya'll had recommended the Vixen, but there wasn't one to be found in my neck of the woods. I hoisted several xbows from other manufacturers at the local stores, but they all seemed too heavy for me. This Excal is just right, not too heavy at all.

So, what's the deal between the half-moon nocks and flat nocks? Seems I read where only flat nocks should be used for the Excal, any comments? And what are you using to lube your string and rails?

Terri S.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Santa brought me an EXCAL!!!!

Congrats on the Excal , use flat nocks, and so far as what to use on the string that might start a debate as there is differences in opinions on that, Excal reccomends waxing the string with string wax and it will lube the rail..
Old 01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Ho Ho Ho!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terri S congrats on the nice xmas gift. Hope it brings many enjoyable shooting sessions. Excals shoot better with the flat noks and more accurate with them. Some wax the serving and others don't! Its just try what you want to see how you like it! I waxed my string but not my serving. I use Bore butter on serving and rails, light coating. Some like awshucks wax string but not the serving and don't use anything on serving or railsjust shoot!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

gratz on a sweet xbow.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Congrats on the CB! Keep us up to date on how it does!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You go girl!! I just had my first experience w/ Ecet. Put one together and sighted it in for a bud. All I can say is WOW!! Kinda like a happy medium between the Phoenix and the Emax. Having both of the previous, my impression was it cocked more like a Phoenix than the Emax, but shot more like the Emax than the Phoenix, if that makes any sense, lol. Three of us ended up shooting at a farmers match head at 20 yds, offhand, I came in 2nd, but was drin..... nevermind, lol. The video says wax, Danny Miller, the US warranty rep says waxing is not needed, just softens the sereving matl, I'm about 200 shots into some HD tersting and can see no ill results from not using anything on string serving or rail so far. my gal pal can't cock my Phoenix w/ rope cocker, so I got her a Crankaroo. Be glad you don't need one, lol.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Terry, you're going to be an addict like the rest of us, well maybe except one of us! LOL. Contratulations young lady, you've got one of the best toys one can have. I bet you will become an arrow junkie soon. There are tell tail signs. Multiple targets, more arrows than you need, extra strings and the most obvious one is.......two or more Excaliburs! LOL, have fun!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Terry, you're going to be an addict like the rest of us, well maybe except one of us! LOL.
Gosh Don, don't put yourself down like that!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Terry, you're going to be an addict like the rest of us, well maybe except one of us! LOL.
Gosh Don, don't put yourself down like that!
LOL! Reb, thats too funny!

Quick Reply: Santa brought me an EXCAL!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.