Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 product test thread. Please read. >

product test thread. Please read.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

product test thread. Please read.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default product test thread. Please read.

For the convenience of many especially the new arrivials I thought that a thread that read "Test Report" would be appreciated. Anyone with new or old equipment could post a comment on it. We could keep it skinny by not allowing comments from others. If people wanted to talk about the product they could start another thread.
Whadyall think?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: product test thread. Please read.

OK Don you have just started it.
I can vouch fer Excals Phoenix and Exocet 200 CB's. Both are among the best made fer hunting and target shooting. Reasonable price and quality products.[8D]
Old 12-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you that Easton alum. shafts 2117-2216 and 2219 are tuff enuf. [8D]
Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 PM

Don almost forgot about this one so sorry no reply. I think it would be a fine thread. The only thing I could see happening to it is if it turned into a debate thread. I think it would be great if you could post in the rules and have it say only post your results and no replies to others post kinda thing. Then people could come in and see what people have to say with out reading arguments. The if people insist on replying they could do so in there own new thread and debate. If you want to I think it would be a great idea. Maybe you could start one and Christine could stick it to the top for us so it don't fall off the page. Would be happy to post for it!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

A while ago I bought an ASD, which stands for arrow squaring device. Basically the purpose of the tool is to ensure that the end of an arrow or the insert where the broadhead goes is 90 degrees or squared to the shaft. An insert that is not squared to the shaft will sometimes (depending on the broadhead design) make the broadhead wobble or not be in center of the arrow causing inaccurate flight. The ASD is made by G5 Outdoors and is inexpensive. It can be used before installing your insert and or after. All you do is lay the arrow into the v grooves and spin against the chromed tool head.
Here's a pic.
Remember guys if you have questions or whatever start another thread.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok, gotta keep this thread going.
Binoculars! Last year I bought a set of Steiner Binos. They are 7X50. They are amazing! We do a lot of spot and stalk for turkeys and from a couple of miles away you can see if a turkey has a beard or not. I also have a pair of 10X50 Steiners and for some reason you can see just as much with the 10X50s as you can see with the 7X50s. I also have some mini Swarovski 10X25 which are awsome for what they are but I only use them when I am on the stalk itself. Good optics are critical to a successful hunt. If I had to have just one set it would be the 7X50 Steiners hands down.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

For the convenience of many especially the new arrivials I thought that a thread that read "Test Report" would be appreciated. Anyone with new or old equipment could post a comment on it. We could keep it skinny by not allowing comments from others. If people wanted to talk about the product they could start another thread.
Whadyall think?
I like this idea!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sooner or later, we gotta talk knives!! My favorites are Pumas. Here's some pics of three of them I own. I got that big old Bowie in case I ever need to stick one ala Reb style, lol. No pics of these, but next on my list is Shrades, Sharp Finger, followed by their drop point w/ gut hook. Both will hold an edge forever!!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do like that gut hook,can one like it be bought?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I bought the Wild Think backpack. It's made to hold a Double Bull blind and all your gear. Anyone thats ever packed a blind any distance knows what a pain it can be. Add an xbow in there and it's double miserable. The pack takes the pain out of it. The straps and internal frame make the weight go away. The pack was designed to hold a compound bow but I take my xbow and put the stirrup in the pocket and use the strap to hold the stock and it works out really well. Pus the wide part of the xbow at your hips where you can turn it and not get caught on everything.
More here http://www.blacks-creek.com/doublebull.php
Watch the video on the page and you'll see what thought went into this pack. Quality is very high too.

Quick Reply: product test thread. Please read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.