Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

stryker!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: stryker!!!

I believe, there is a slight family resemblance.

Sag.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sag, when it becomes available and you buy it let us know what you think and give us a rolling report. I think we are all curious about it, some morbid and some not. A man's gotta have his toys! Enjoy yourself, life it way too short.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Sagittarius

Whatever.
I love Weatherby rifles alsoand the 30-378 Accumark is my favorite.
There have always been hunters that claim to hate Weatherby too but would have bought one if they could afford one.
Not saying it's the same with Stryker but would not be surprised.
The Stryker cost no more than the 10pt Pro Elite but is faster and better looking, imo.
Looks like,the Stryker is the Weatherby of Crossbows.

Sag.
If your trying to make a reference to what we can afford then you are wrong. The stryker is a new CB that is yet to be proved in the market and is made to appeal to people in a certain way. Any "good" hunter knows that over four hundred FPS is not needed if you know what you are doing in the stand. Unlike the weatherby which has been around the stryker has not, we make our comments cause we do not want to spend our money on a first run crossbow for someone new in the CB business. I can not think that a new design product on it first release will not have problems. Like I say money is not an issue for alot of us. I love hunting alot more then I like working on my sport truck and I spent well over two grand just short blocking my big block in it, the heads are next but that is going to cost as much as the workI did on the lower end! Don't assume we are poor and jealous!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well said Jason!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

I have been poor and envious but not poor and jealous.
I apologize to anyone that thought I was referring to thembeing too poor to afford the Stryker.
But, to be honest, some people do, indeed, bash a product because they can't afford it.
Of course, a David Miller custom bolt actioncosts over $10,000 currently and more guys buy them than one would think.
That's way more expensive than a Weatherby.
I, personally, would rather have the Accumark as its action is far stronger than anything David has ever used.
I just like the Stryker because it appeals to me more than the others.
If I wasn't so poor, I would buy this crossbow hands down.
You could buy two Strykers or more for what this one costs.

Sag.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:55 PM

i saw one at gander mountian the other night it seems to be pretty nice!!!!!!!! the auto crocker is hidden and it doesnt seem to be in the way !!!!!!!!!!! but i dont know much about crossbows. my dad is looking in to one and didnt know which on to get!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Madeline

i saw one at gander mountian the other night it seems to be pretty nice!!!!!!!! the auto crocker is hidden and it doesnt seem to be in the way !!!!!!!!!!! but i dont know much about crossbows. my dad is looking in to one and didnt know which on to get!!!!!!
Madeline, you would be wise to get your dad a bow from a company that is has a track record in crossbows. The top ends being Ten Point and Excalibur. If you want to buy the most expensive xbow of these then the Ten Point Phantom is the logical choice. Excaliburs do not have a "Fancy" bow, just bows that work all day, everyday for a long time with no troubles by comparison. Sometimes "Fancy" is what is desired and if so then go for it.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

the verdict is still out on the stryker. i'd be interested to hear some reports on it if it ever gets to market. hehe
Old 12-22-2006, 12:15 AM

If you can accept a slightly "slower" bow, there's always the new TenPoint Phantom. Don't get me wrong, I own a BowTech BlackKnight, and I have had 0 problems with it. I just think some bugs are going to need to be worked out of Bowtech's first ever crossbow venture (like aesthetics). That'll take a year or two.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

I admit, there are often bugs to be worked out in a new product but not in every case.
When Merlin unveiled their new series ofcompoundsstarting in2000 and the years since, none have hadany majorbugs to this day and all have been a success,
Bought the first new revampedredesign (at the time) Bowman Accu-Riser II in 2003 and it was and still is a Battleship of a compound bow.
Best the world has even seen, jmo, with absolute zero bugs
When I finally get to see the Stryker and it looks like it might have some problems, I will pass on it.
If it looks to be as rugged as it seem to be in the pics and the chain driven cocking mechanism seem to be rugged, I will probably have to buy one.
If bugs show up down the road, like said before, it has a lifetime warranty.
Heard nothing but good things about Bowtech's warranty.

Sag.

Quick Reply: stryker!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.