Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bowtech Stryker

Old 11-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Bowtech Stryker

For those of you interested in the new Bowtech Stryker, the price tag is going to be in the $1,500.00 - $1,600.00 price range. They are boasting405 fps. I am unsure if that will bea package or a bare bones xbow.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Stryker

cool....i'll take two. lol[8D]
Old 11-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll take none, lol, thank-you very much. I'm not for this bow for a number of reasons. 1st off, if you want one, go for it!! This is still America, you know, freedom of choice, ect. 2nd off, you might note this was brought out by Bowtech, previously not in the xbow market. 3rd, none of the established xbow mfgrs are going this route. Even though there are probably big bucks assosiated w/ something this fast and powerful, none have taken the steps to capitalize on technology they surely have. Not one. I think this bow will be virtually impossible to cock by hand, extremely hard on arrows and targets, ect. My biggest complaint, for lack of a better word, is how it will set the xbow movement back by percieved advantages over a compound verticle bow, whether real or not, only time and field reports will tell. Until now, we've pretty well established a level playing field. There are already posts on various forums about extending range, flatter trajectories, ect. Most of the xbowers I know are not going to switch from "old reliabe" to this. Myself and many others constantly warn or should I say make folks aware of the brute force and efforts involved w/ an Excal Emax. You know, the one Bill Troubridge shot clean thru [nearly] an elephant with. [B-head lodged in leg bone on off side] I think alot of guys/gals here might agree w/ me, the folks that have been shooting what ever brand of real crossbows for along time. I'm not against new and improved, but this offering w/ 50% more k.e. than an already recognized bruiser just makes me think there may be more to the story since a vert company brought it out. For those of you that are enticed by the speed, have at it, while it's not for me, I do respect your freedom of choice. Just .02 from my cheap seat.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Like I need a faster bow than what I have already? Nope. Now if something BETTER comes along, I might be interested. What is better? Hmmm... more consistant, less maintenance, easier to cock, cheaper, lasts longer. Am I leaving something out? Oh yeah quieter so quiet that I can take take a second shot.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:11 PM

The original post was only intended to inform. Personally, I am about to purchase the Excal Exocet. It appears to be the best buy for the money. Bowhunters Superstore beats the local competition by over $100.00. See attached link. http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/index.php?cPath=40_145 The Stryker will only come as a package deal which appears to mean that you have to buy additional items that may not actually be what you want. I was told that Bowtech has no intention of selling the xbow individually. I can get into the Excal for just over $600.00 fully rigged.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM

I forgot to give "awshucks" his props.He is the one who directed me to Bowhunters Superstore. He was not kidding about the deals. I talked to Mark at Bowhunters Superstore today. He was really pleasant and helpful to deal with.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I have heard from BowTech, the Stryker is only a 175# Xbow, so it shouldn't be any harder to get cocked than most any other Xbow. I shoot a 200# Excalibur, so I wouldn't think it would be as hard to cock as that, although it must have a longer power stroke to be capable of getting 405 fps. I would have to see that through a chrony to believe it. Also, this xbow is sold only w/complete package. It is unavailable as a " Bare Bones " Xbow. I personally like the hell out of my Excalibur, and don't need anything more!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said awshucks,guess it boils down to each his own,will finish out this year with what I got,may change spring of 07,no problems with the one
I got so time will tell!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

i was just teasing[8D]got the excal exocet a couple of weeks ago. it's everything i wanted and more. btw about the only place i shop for archery is www.bowhunterssuperstore.com they're usually 10%-20% less than anywhere else. they used to be bowhunters warehouse. i've been dealing with them for over 20 years.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a little further info on this bow. Stryker claims the max effective range at 60 yds and their 3 dot sight is graduated at 20, 40, and said 60 yds. No mention of string jump on deer. I am curious if any of you crossbowers think that there is anyway 405 fps equals 60 yd shots? [on deer]. If I'm missing something here, feel free to straighten me out.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Stryker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.