Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 There's a Buck in my back yard!! >

There's a Buck in my back yard!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

There's a Buck in my back yard!!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default There's a Buck in my back yard!!

Guys I live out towards the country and I’m surrounded by corn and bean fields. At the back of my property there’s a bedding area that separates my property and a bean field. For the past couple of weeks when I get home from work I sit back there and watch the does mossy around. I always sneak out of there when they head my way because I don’t have permission to hunt the farmers land and I don’t want to spook them off incase I get permission.

Well fellas last night was awesome. Before I saw the usual group of does come out of the woods and putts around the field, a nice buck walked out and headed down the tree line across from me. It’s the first time this year I have seen a buck back there and he’s a shooter.

He walked about a hundred yards and out of no where a doe came flying out of the woods and he was on her in no time. He followed her step for step and she didn’t care much for it.

Now I’m on a mission to find out who owns the field. If I get permission I’ll be one happy camper. Finally a safe place to hunt with my 8 year old and momma wouldn’t have to worry. My fingers are crossed.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: There's a Buck in my back yard!!

Good luck, Roger!!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, don't do what Henry would! LOL!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

good luck. ah.....if you want to know where the bucks are......go to where the girls are.....hehe.[&:]
Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Best of luck!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:22 AM

Keep us up todate! Good luck
Old 11-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

What you mean you dont reccomend that he find out who owns the land and go talk to him and ask for permission to hunt the land?? lol

I hope you get permission to hunt the land Green Pea..
Old 11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Spike

Please do the farmer a favor and harvest that big buck to save his crops & keep the deer herd in balance. My bet is you will get permission & remember to promise them some backstraps. Good luck!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

I got permission.

This is as cool as it gets. Right out my back door and across the field I go. This will multiply my hunting oprtunity's big time. If I can get home from work before it gets dark I will be able to hunt 7 days a week. I wont have much time through the week but weekends will be awsome.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:55 PM

Congrats on getting in! Are you going to set up a ground blind for you and your son? It will be cool if ya get to do some hunting with him and like you say you can hunt alot more too!

Quick Reply: There's a Buck in my back yard!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.