Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Anyone use a Bi, mono or Knee Pod? >

Anyone use a Bi, mono or Knee Pod?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anyone use a Bi, mono or Knee Pod?

Old 10-13-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Anyone use a Bi, mono or Knee Pod?

Anyone ever use a bypod,monopod or knee pod with their CB?

I was watching my usual sunday morning hunting shows and they had a kid hunting turkeys. The kid had a bipod on his shot gun. It got me thinking. If I use the CB from the ground or in a ground blind, maybe this would have some posibilities.

Bipod:

Monopod:

Old 10-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Spike

Default RE: Anyone use a Bi, mono or Knee Pod?

I use a mono when sighting in.... I've taken it to the stand but have never used it with the xbow.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have both the Cabelas monopod and the Knee pod. The Knee Pod is pretty cool shooting off the deck but way to bulky to lug into the woods. Maybe if you were gonna leave it in a stand butmy pack is way too full as it is.
The Monopod is amuch less steadya platform then the Knee Pod butwill slip into my pack. I carry the Monopod when I gun hunt and use it as a walking stick but that Pheonix seems to need two hands to handle.Bless her heart. I figure I can make a 30 yard shot and at paper a 20 is a slam dunk so I just need something to shoot at.
Oh Yeah.... Just saw something calledSlingStixs. Looks like the Bipod legs fold up tight enough to fit into a little pouch attached to the sling and are also attachedto the front sling stud. Could be another DooDad to buy.
>>>>>>>>>>>Whack! !!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Well I use the TenPoint Steady Eddie Monopod on my Proelite

and for My Excalibur Exocet 200 I use a modified adjustable stick from a duster.. it works a lot like the steady eddie as you can adjust the length of it in the same way as you would the steady eddie..
Old 10-14-2006, 07:36 AM

I guess I not as worried about the rest for when I’m shooting as much as using it as something to hold up the bow while I’m waiting for the deer to present a clear shot. You know that time when they are supper close and you can’t move a muscle because they will bust you.

I am also wanting to try a few different hunting setups like hunting from the ground. I am thinking of setting up in some over growth or along a fence line. Depending on the setup, I may either want to sit on the ground, in a folding chair or stand up. Being in this situation I am thinking of that bow getting heavy (I’m not that strong) and not being able to move if there is a deer near by.