Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

excals are sick

Old 10-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default excals are sick

a while back i posted to the effect that i was'nt getting near the advertised speed with my exocet....and that listed speed were withthe lighest bolt safe to shoot, fff string, etc. well,i took a few days off hunting and have playing with my new bow. using the gp laser2 with 4' vanes and 100gr field point,weighs 360 gr. using fff string speeds.....321.4, 321.9, 321.5.....etc. excal advertisesspeed of 320 for the exocet. so there is truth in their advertizing. not trying to put down any other bow, just wanted to say how pleased i am with this bow.and wicked accurate.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: excals are sick

Yet another happy puppy! Life is good isn't it shewe! Now time to change those 4 inch vanes to blazers. When the boys are done with the ASD use it and see if you can eek just a little more accuracy out of your girlfriend! Does your wife know about this????
Old 10-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shewe: The "sweet spot" on both of my recurves is w/ the brace height set at an inch and a quarter from where the riser meets the rail, hard to hold that w/ FFF til you get it stretched in. A little trick, while you are just foolin around, you can take a stretched in FFF off and use a bread tie to keep the end loops from turning and have a ready to go spare. I put my new oneson the Emax about a good quarter inch above the higher mark, saves an adjustment or two.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

aye....good advice. who all likes those blazer vanes....i'm thinking of trying them during the off season.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I fletch all my shafts and repairable arrows with them,they be the cats meow!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

don't understand, what is ASD?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Auctually the advertised speed on the Exocet is 330 fps I am shooting GT laser II from Dan Miller in mine and with the FFF string am shooting in the same area your are 320`s I think that if you are getting within 10 to 15 fps of the advertised speeds you are doing good I have herd of some of the Excals auctually shooting faster than the advertised speeds. not sure what mine would shoot if I were to shoot the standard Excal arrows the ones that weigh 350 grains but bet I would be right at the advertised speed ratings. Excals are definately fast and powerful.. and easy to maintain

Old 10-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

aye....saw that speed was 330 rather than 320 fps after i posted.....heehee.....hoped no one would notice....lol. can't slip anything by you guys on this board.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Well hope that posting the correct fps wasent taken as being a smart A$$ just we try to make sure we get the correct information out there..
Old 10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

no offense taken bro.....but can anyone tell me what is ASD....don't understand.

Quick Reply: excals are sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.