Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

I went this morning and abit before 8 am a nice 8 pt. came in at 20 yds. but was all covered in the brush and i just couldn't get a clear shot on his chest. About 110 class at least, i have beat myself up all day fer not taking my rifle. Would have had meat in the freezer, now i have nothing! I jerked that varizone off CB when i gott to house and put a scope on i can see with and magnafication to find holes inbetween limbs. I had a 8-10" open spot and he was facing me. Hindsight i should have stuck him in the the base of the throat! [&o]
Old 12-21-2006, 06:12 PM

Since hunting early season was vastly different then after the Orange Hoard entered the woods two weeks ago I moved my stand location.

Been trying to get a shot at that big White Antlered buck I missed last month (an 11 point with nice mass, have seen him through binocs twice since then). The other day I was in my stand and can see my old location, a nice well balanced 8 point walked right by where my stand had been, would have been a 10 yard or less shot...Grrrr!!

I guess that is why they call it hunting and not killing, ha ha!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Omegalover

Since hunting early season was vastly different then after the Orange Hoard entered the woods two weeks ago I moved my stand location.

Been trying to get a shot at that big White Antlered buck I missed last month (an 11 point with nice mass, have seen him through binocs twice since then). The other day I was in my stand and can see my old location, a nice well balanced 8 point walked right by where my stand had been, would have been a 10 yard or less shot...Grrrr!!

I guess that is why they call it hunting and not killing, ha ha!
Geterdone!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i was in big ladder stand while it was dark, as it got light i checked out my shooting window to that 8 pt. i have about an 8" opening. I can take him now that i have my great rifle scope back on CB. I saw lots of birds and Honkers, cat squirrels Indian head peckerwoods and a young 16-18 lb. Tom Bobcat. Easy 6 yd. shot, but let him go twas really neat to watch them hunt. I have respect fer them but not smelly yotes!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Well I have not went out with my CB for several weeks now but am going out tonight. Last week we had our four day muzzle loader season and once again was skunked! Them deers are just moving to late for me to get a shot at them. Every morning when I left I would have fresh tracks around blind, just no day time action. On the last day I did have five does about 100 yards away but they were on a brisk walk and never stopped for a shot, I know my Knight out to 200 yards, but I never shoot at moving deer. I Hope tonight something happens, but hey as long as I see my family of rabbits it will be all good!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:40 PM

Well boys I went out tonight and had the best hunt yet of the season, maybe a top five for life! I went to the swamp spot and was greeted by a guy on the drive that was leaving, he comes and gets some of the prime dirt and uses it in his landscaping business. So i was like this sucks cause now all the deer are on alert or gone! So I walk back nice a quite and round the corner going to my blind and whamo right in front of my blind at the twenty yard marker was a nice big fat doe! I froze, then crapped at first. But she was about eighty yards away and I soon realized she did not make me. Now there was a small clump of big tall dead weeds off to her right between us so I took my time and slowly inched over so I had a little something between us, but not much! She was eating off the ground and had here head down 95% of the time so I stayed hunkered down and moved toward her thinking any moment she was going to raise her head and bust me. But after a long and slow crawl all hunched up on my feet I was by the weeds and needed to move out so I could shoot her. I was able to move out, she was only twenty five yards away and she did not make me! But she was quartering toward me real hard so I did not want to shoot. I stayed all hunched up and watched thinking she would move a little and give me a shot, but it did not happen. She would glance up, and I would think its over but she would continue to nibble on the short weeds. I was soon having bad thoughts of taking a bad quartering too shot, it was hard to resist, even had the little devil on my shoulder begging me to give her a head ache, but I resisted. Well after about ten minuets of thisall hunched up on my feet they must have started to fall asleep cause i was doing just fine, then I lost my balance and nearly fell, she looked up and about two seconds later I got the white flag salute! I did not kill a deer, but that was a great stalking experience.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Went out again tonight, no luck! But it did not help that the owner and another guy was out there running around looking at stuff! Well I have to work all weekend, maybe Monday or Tuesday.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well its bad here as this the second day of rains and high winds and just 2 days left to hunt![&o]
Old 01-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 3 Doe's yesterday but its only Bucks, even if hunting with Bow. I could have had any of them, such is life! Its raining again today and if it stops i will try at my big ladder stand one last time. The season closes at dark today!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think i found the reason deer quit coming to oaks and big ladder stand! There is a small gully about 12 yds. in front of stand but its deep enough you can't see the bottom from my stand. I was taking stand down and just took a stroll to look fer tracks. In the gully i found where some low life had crapped half dz. times. Didn't try to cover or bury it, so i figure it was done on purpose! Sick puppies here i will say that!

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.