Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Is this a good 1st crossbow? >

Is this a good 1st crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Is this a good 1st crossbow?

Old 09-19-2006, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Is this a good 1st crossbow?

PSE "COPPERHEAD" 150 LB. CROSSBOW
SCOPE PACKAGE INCLUDED !!
NEW 2005 MODEL !!
FOR A LIMITED TIME WE ARE OFFERING THIS PSE COPPERHEAD CROSSBOW WITH A COMPLETE SCOPE PACKAGE. (40% OFF PSE RETAIL !!)150 LB. DRAW WEIGHT, 270 F.P.S. PSE CAMO,( WE NOW INCLUDE AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 IN ACCESSORIES WITH 6 ADDITIONAL ARROWS AND 1 PACK OF PSE "BRUTE BROADHEADS !!) 1.5X4.5 VARIBLE BUCKRIDGE SCOPE WITH LENS COVERS, SCOPE RINGS, NEW 1"WEAVER STYLE RAILSYSTEM. YARDAGE COMPENSATOR, PSE CAMO QUICK DETACH QUIVER AND QUIVER BRACKET, 4 HUNTING ARROWS WITH FIELD PONTS, PADDED HUNTING SLING, THE BOW WILL COME UNASSEMBELED.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is this a good 1st crossbow?

Wisperer, that sounds like a great deal to me and that CB is simple to put together. It sounds similar to my Yucon SL which I love!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Seen them advertised for $249.99

Old 09-19-2006, 07:40 AM

That looks a lot like my Horton Legend also. I would think PSE would make a pretty reliable piece of equipment, but I have no experience with them personally
Old 09-19-2006, 11:57 AM

I just got my first reference on these the other day. A guy at work bought one from wal-mart for 250 also and his son loves it. I think the boy is about thirteen or so. He said his son is hitting the bullseyejust about every shot. I think pse makes good long bows so there CB's should be good to. Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either PSE owns Browning or Browning owns PSE.I think PSE did buy Browning's Archery division. I betcha can't go wrong. Used Browningcustomer service for my daughters Micro-Medalianand they were great to work with. Fixed the dealers blunder with no questions asked and were very pleasant.>>>>>>Whack!
Old 09-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info guys. I think i will go ahead and get this bow. It will be my 1st year hunting with a crossbow and the price is right.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Good for you, have fun, take pics and let us know what you think.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Done picked out CB outfit good lets go get it and get this show on the road. Come on tell about everything as u shoot practice, did anyone tell u to keep thumb and fingers below the rail and string? U better or u will tell us all about soon enough.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to advise against this cross bow. I purchased one last Sat. from Wally's and took it home/assembled, and shot it. I was all over the target at 20 yards, and couldn't figure it out. Finally, I realized that the scope mount shook pretty badly. Everything that could be was snugged down and loc tit'd, but to no avail. Unfortunately I had to spend about six clams on a Ten PT. Pro Fusion, but am really happy with it's performance although momma won't be happy with the credit card bill.[:@].

Quick Reply: Is this a good 1st crossbow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.