Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I'm Jealous

Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default I'm Jealous

Have any of you asked Don what he’s doing this hunting season? He’s hunting Goose, he’s hunting Duck, he’s hunting Antlered Mulies, he’s hunting Moose, he’s hunting White tailed deer, he’s all over the map. He’s probably hunting Camels in the Sierra desert and forgot to mention it.

So how about it. What’s everybody got planned for the season. Any big game trips?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it ok to be jealous of another man?

Well i had dreams to hunt when i was 12, i am 56 now and i still have my dreams. I am blessed that i can hunt deer and very thankful fer that.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just put one of those cheap tower stands from Sportsmans Guide up today at the doe honey hole. It's pretty well built and I'm pleased even though it's only 12' tall. We got it set back in the brush and trees real good. I was going to just use a ground blind and leave it set up so as not to spook them, but see there are bears there too, so that won't work. We flushed 3 or 4 when we got back there.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I have to tell you guys first that I am not rich. Second I hunt with friends in Ontario and Alberta. Third they are not professionally guided hunts. Forth, I do not spend tons of money hunting. Fifth, you forgot turkeys!!! Hehehehehehe
Old 08-25-2006, 08:27 AM

Yep the silly canadian has fun up their all the time! Me, I plan on mainly just hunting deer. I might go and throw away some shells at my friends place to try and get a few doves next month. But mainly from sept 30th to mid Jan it will be just deer on my mind! I have always wanted to go out west, just never done it!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, go west young man, LOL. Wyoming is an awsome place to hunt mulies and antelope. We went there for many years. With a wild life stamp and some tags (all pretty inexpensive) you can hunt BLM land and camp for free. We stayed in motels and paid tresspass fees (still pretty cheap) and had a ton of fun. Its all explained in their regs and they are super helpfull on the phone. You guys should do it at least once. Just have to watch for rattlers and cactus! Oh yeah, bring a knife, you'll need it. I am sure there is an early archery season. Most guys use ground blinds and decoys apparently work wonders but you don't want to be using a decoy during rifle season. We went during rifle season (still hot there) and used handguns and rifles. What a blast! Hehehehe Even tried to shoot some gophers with my 454 casull.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quote: What a blast! Hehehehe Even tried to shoot some gophers with my 454 casull.

Obviously you didn't get any or you would have called them prairie dogs, lol. gophers are real small and the name alone is all the excuse you need for misses, lol. Nice try pal, but we're on to ya!!

Old 08-25-2006, 11:25 AM

I would much rather go north where I could use my CB with some friends!!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Someday i will go to Wy. after a Pronghorn and i would like to go after Elk and Muledeer in Coloradoand Blacktails on west coast Calif. and those Sitka up in Alaska. Then go after Moose with Don,hehehe put him on the spot so he can put me on a spot!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:05 PM

I wanna get a moose. That's my dream hunt. I think it would be really cool to head up to Ontario and use my crossbow. I'm not looking for massive headgear, although I wouldn't have a problem with that. I just think I would have to bring a change of underwear if I got within bow range of a rut-crazed bull eyeing me down.
But, this year, whitetails and a new toy to try out, a muzzleloader.

Quick Reply: I'm Jealous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.