Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Crossbow Triggers >

Crossbow Triggers

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Triggers

Old 08-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crossbow Triggers

Got a pm that said basically, "Come on tell me what you really think" lol, so I'm gonna. I know that there is a lot of competition out there for xbow dollars. To make $ a company has to stay competitive. It's good for us as users there are many choices to pick fropm, keeps em all working to better their products. Seems like most of the mfgrs have top of the line models that come w/ great triggers, and then the poundade quality starts dropping w/ price. That really irritates me and while it may be a neccessary business practise, it doesn't mean I have to like it. I've been an accuracy freak since I got a BB gun as a kid. Experience has taught me if your trigger pull is high, it's real hard to get real accuracy. Yes, I tout Excals because they are all the same, but even they are not the end all, do all in triggers. If I could, I'd lighten them up a tad. So, when somebody new to xbows asks opinions, I'm going to put my trigger two cents worth in. Has nothing to do w/ brands.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Triggers

Well said Dan!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

I agree. Nicely said.
Randy
Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree too. My trigger is ok on the horton (the new tallon trigger) but it could be better....and I absolutely hate that I can't take it apart and "tweak" it like I do my rifles.[&o] You would think that for the money even the basic bows would have more and better features.

Mitch
Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Come on, a hair trigger on a crossbow is absolutely not neccesary. Unless you're shooting in competition or a hit man or something. Heavy or a little hard to pull trigger is the safety harness in crossbows. Lighten it up too much, and it's like a rifle with a too light trigger. A little to hard of tap or bump, and BOOM! Duck your head Charlie, uh, too late Charlie. So, please Mr. Custer, I don't want to go.
My Xbows trigger is factory set and I ain't messing with it. But now when they invent the black powder fired bolt for Xbows, I want a remotely fired trigger from ten feet away. Only then is lighter better! LOL
BBO
Old 08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

BB0: We're not talking "hair triggers" here. We are talking about triggers in the single digits and somewhere under 5 lbs. Actually, the pull is not important if they break clean, like glass.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

But now when they invent the black powder fired bolt for Xbows, I want a remotely fired trigger from ten feet away. Only then is lighter better! LOL
BBO
How about rimfires....check out this crap.[:'(]
http://www.swivelmachine.com/index.htm

Mitch
Old 08-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

All of my triggers break like glass or I fix it to do so. Most of my rifles are around 2.5 lbs accept my Savage MZL, its around 4 lbs and its breaks like glass,just a surprise every time. You know what my Excals are. My hand guns are mostly around 2-3 lbs. My releases are even lighter but cannot really measure them. Anything much more than 4 is unacceptable and anything less than breaking like glass is not going to be shot by me! My 30 yard offhand groups would not be made by a lesser trigger to be sure. The only acceptable "hair" trigger is on a double set trigger (around 1.5 or less).
Old 08-24-2006, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: That's a nice group!! Good shooting!!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mitchmtm1

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

But now when they invent the black powder fired bolt for Xbows, I want a remotely fired trigger from ten feet away. Only then is lighter better! LOL
BBO
How about rimfires....check out this crap.[:'(]
http://www.swivelmachine.com/index.htm

Mitch
Mitch, thats been out for a long time, I lustted for one of those when I was much younger. In retrospect I am glad I didn't get one, think of the trouble a kid could get into with that! Hehehehe But yup thats a bad thing, it gives us a bad name (shoots arrows) and kinda reminds some much less informed people of something we don't want it to look like!

Quick Reply: Crossbow Triggers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.