Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow scopes

Old 08-19-2006, 12:52 PM

Default crossbow scopes

can you use a rifle scope on a crossbow?????
Old 08-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbow scopes

nope, gotta have an xbow scope
Old 08-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

In a word, no. Xbows have a different recoil than rifles, it's called "forward" recoil, much like a high tech spring piston air rifle. Your average rifle scope has the lens braced for rearward recoil, in other words the lens sets against a machined shoulder w/ a retainer screwed in place toward the front to hold same in position. Xbows and air guns usually tear these up in short order, regardless of mfgr or quality.

The two best xbow scopes available are the Excal V-zone and the 10 pt.
The advantage of the Excal is that regardless of which bow [fps] you use or what arrow weight [fps] you choose, it can be sighted dead on from 10-50 yds. The 10 pt has three aim points which can be lit up in your choice of red or green, and is good for deer hunting w/ bows around 300 fps. It also has an advantage in low light situations. I prefer the Excals, have three of them, but use my xbows for alot more than just deer hunting. there are alot of other scopes out there, but these are the main ones I'm familiar w/. Good luck to ya!! Here's three at 50 yds, Excal all the way, bow and scope.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you can use a rifle scope on yer xbow. It may or maynot tear it up. If it does and its got a good warranty get it repaired. I have never seen or read a disclaimer from a scope company about not to use on a xbow! I have a Bushnell on mine.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

All of the scopes I own have lifetime warranties.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used Banner Bushnell scopes on my xbows for the last 12 or 13 years without a problem.Lee
Old 08-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's great if ya'll are beating the odds. Put your Bushnell or life time guarantee on an Emax w/ FFF string and 350 gr arrows and get back to me, lol

Old 08-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK i will work with you on this! Send me yer Exomax without scope and rings, i will put mine on it. I get to keep Bow as long as scope stays intact! If and when i have to have it repaired i will return it to you personally by hand! I will drive right to yer place and we can do some shooting and whatever![:-][8D]
Old 08-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke: Might just take you up on the offer!! However, I would want to deliver the Emax in person, along about the time season opens, that way I could check things on a daily basis. I could maybe help out around the place, like watching your stands while you are at work or whatever. You know, make sure nobody is up in them or anything. And, I could like count your deer for you. You wouldn't have to be concerned about all those coolers in the back of my truck, I use them for dry storage alot. Lemme know!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I should come along guys.. I could be like an impartial 3rd party and make sure Dan does not put anything in those dry storage coolers that should not be in them. (wink wink). I could keep notes and such. The way I understand it is Smoke only has to make kissy sounds with an apple held out in his hand and them whack them in the head with a ball peen hammer. Then we could swing by Hotburns place and make sure his trail cams are still intact. With the way those thingsget pinched we could guard them.

Quick Reply: crossbow scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.