Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Chrony Results Part 1 >

Chrony Results Part 1

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Chrony Results Part 1

Old 07-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Chrony Results Part 1

Ok, here ya'll go. Shot 5 shots each, these are averages w/ 431 gr arrow outta my Phoenix [14.5" power stroke]
Flemish Fast Flight, aka fff, grey and black, 300 fps
Excel Endless Loop, green and black multi small strings ends served 290 fps

Flemish Dacron, looks like fff but green and black 290 fps.

The brace height kept having to be adjusted on both flemish style to stay the same. That's over 15 shots, several string changes and several adjustments, I'm beat. All the while that Paradox was just sitting there laughing. Btw: 317 fps. outta it. I'll do the Emax tomorrow after I replenish body fluids, I think I boiled all the salt outta my body, just for you guys!!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chrony Results Part 1

Mr Science, Mr Science.....LOL, I have but one tip for you all. It just occured to me how some of you guys may be able to stop your flemish strings from coming unravelled. Try putting on a few twists on the string before you put it on as well as fraying the "tag" ends. Just an idea guys. I've never had one come apart but I know they come in inconsistant lengths because they are hand made. Mr Science, LOL. No don't be shooting your chrony like a good friend of yours did! Hehehehee Hmmmm might want to start a chrony shooting club Dan!
Frankly Dan, the guys should appreciate what you've done buy publishing this info. Ten ftps is nominal and insignificant. Don't think the deer or turkey will notice what happens to them, don't think the targets will either. For all those who are interested in the cool looking flemish strings Excal refers to them as being tough strings. A few of mine are worn pretty bad at the loops and are still fine. Main reason I use them is because they look cool. Just like custom strings on my compounds.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yea thanks alot for all your swet and hardwork out there Dan,
Old 07-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here ye here ye to all those present on this glorious occassion. The recording of the Excal strings singing fer the Chrony! Ta Da! Way to go Dan.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Htoler: Thanks for the kind words!
Dnk: Spent $100 to prove what I already knew, your "looks cool" Flem Dacron stretches like a water balloon, and shoots same speed as Excel. I can understand adjusting the FFF forever, cause of the net speed gain, but yer spinnin yer wheels w/ the dog choker. LOL.But, they are your wheels, and ya can spin em anyway ya want!! I'm gonna pass this chrony on, after I test the Emax tomorrow, kinda on the same princilpe as the "Lend/Lease program during WWII, when we bailed your mother country out for the second time, lol. Smoke gets er first, then on to the next needy user, and sooner or later it will end up back here to roost. Dang, I hate being right!!! HEHEHEHEHE!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Correction mon palsiwasi, the flemish string will eventually stop stretching and you might have to adjust it much later after it stops stretching or settling in but thats the way of a flemish string only because of how its made.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK i gotstid it as long as the dacron's stretch ya just keep on twisting it up to the brace line. Hey can ya explain all this again fer me. awshucks!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

OK i gotstid it as long as the dacron's stretch ya just keep on twisting it up to the brace line. Hey can ya explain all this again fer me. awshucks!
Dan, you're a bad, bad man! LOL!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

whats wild about your results is ,, that your shooting the 431 grain arrows and only loosing maybe 5 fps if that, over the 350 grain arrows, and only a difference of 10 fps between strings thata alot less than what I would have thought,

again Dan thanks for all your hard work on this..
Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke: Yer "twisted" enough the way it is!! LOL
Dnk: Why should I keep twisting my string for no net gain in speed?? Looks cool?? So does picking your bow up and seeing the brace height is where it was when you set it down a week ago. LOL
Htoler: Yeah, kinda amazed me too on the 300 fps w/ 431. Wished I still had a 350 to try, could make one out of trashed 431 I guess.

Quick Reply: Chrony Results Part 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.