Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 North American Hunting Club >

North American Hunting Club

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

North American Hunting Club

Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default North American Hunting Club

Whats your thoughts on this club, is it one worth joining or is it just another way for someone to make money off of hunters??
Old 05-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Hunting Club

Htoler, I've never seem to feel like I've gained anything from this other than ads and offers although I must admit I haven't looked at the club literature for a few years now.
Don
Old 05-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I was a member and they kept sending me thing I didn't order or ask for, then I'd get threatening letters that they were going to turn it over to a credit account if I didn't pay. This went on for well over a year until I happened to talk to the Postmaster in my town and discovered that by law, I did not have to pay for anything I din't request or order. Next I contacted the state Attorney Generals office and got the same response. Then I called NAHC and started to chase the treasurer, who was never available. So I left a very clear message with their answering service and also sent by mail, that their practice was illegal and I had turned the problem over to the AG and Postmaster Generals office. I was never allowed to renew my membership. I thought the magazine was very good and I wanted to continue to receive it; but, it never happened. I have sense tried to rejoin and have received my check and application back - REJECTED! As long as you do not make any waves for the lifetime officers of NAHC, everything is ok. Create and problems and your gone.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:25 PM

I have been a LIFE MEMBER OF THE NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB for about five years now and have no bad expirences with their merchandise yet. It is unfortunate that apparently others have. I do like their publications and books.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

ok do they auctually send you products to test and have you do a review of them?? od do they try to send you things and charge you for them as they did Moxie?? I dont want someone sending my anything I didnt order or reques and then try charging me for it..
Old 05-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CROSSBOW69

I have been a LIFE MEMBER OF THE NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB for about five years now and have no bad expirences with their merchandise yet. It is unfortunate that apparently others have. I do like their publications and books.
Going on 10 here and no problems .

[quote]ORIGINAL: htoler

ok do they auctually send you products to test and have you do a review of them?? od do they try to send you things and charge you for them as they did Moxie??

Yes they do if you follow the rules of their Field Test Program , which many people fail to do and then badmouth the club . I've received a number of items over the years , nothing to write home about though . The magazine alone is worth the small dues, if you go lifer like me you get it at the price it was when you joined permanently , so no more rate increases . The ads they send are no different and certainly no worse than the flood of stuff I get from the NRA or Buckmasters , and if you don't want them just mark them "REFUSED" and put the unopened box back in the mail box . The post office will return it to them at no charge to you .
Old 05-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

As a three year member who renewed a few time, I never got to test anything and was told it was done by lifetime members
Old 05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have been a member for about twenty years. I had my very first article published in the January/Feburay 1992 issue. I too started to get the unsolicited books from them quite a few years back. I just wrote on the invoices, "I didn't order this item! Thanks for the gift." They stopped sending them and I still have them. I guess if I would have called down the big dogs on them, they would have removed me from the membership as well, but I just said thanks and let it go. The end result was the same - I stopped receiving the stuff, but I am still a member. I enjoy the magazine and if I were to advertise the American Crossbow Federation and the Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine, that is the publication I would choosebecuase they have so many members.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: moxie1884

As a three year member who renewed a few time, I never got to test anything and was told it was done by lifetime members
You were told incorrectly , field testing is open to any member and has rules that must be followed . In order to get products you must first submit a Field Test Profile , then if you're selected to get something to test they send it to you . Once you've tested the product you're required to write a short assessment of the product , and then fill out a new FTP in order to be considered for future product tests . One of the most common misconceptions about the club is that you'll automatically receive products as a result of being a member , which is not true . Read and follow the rules and you'll get something sooner or later , but also bear in mind that you're gonna be in a very large pool of potential testers , so be patient .
Old 05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

kevin1,,,,, NAHC had one of the best magazines I'd had seen on the market. It was just the way they handled themselves in the early years, to me that was wrong. I would have like to stayed a member just to receive the NAHC magazine. I didn't make the mistakes, NAHC did. Yes, it cost me my membership but hopefully they have learned and have improved. A club does not threaten any of its membership with legal action when the club is completely in the wrong. All that does is bring repercussions the club does not need and that's too bad for NAHC.