Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 ? on Barnett X Bow >

? on Barnett X Bow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

? on Barnett X Bow

Old 04-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ? on Barnett X Bow

My g/friends dad just picked up a Barnett Wildcat X Bow. I know nothing about xbows. I shot it, it came with 3 bolts. it shot ok 5" group at 25 yds. Thought it would do beter but oh well. Any one have any knowledge on these please PM me.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:19 PM

Default RE: ? on Barnett X Bow

Tee Jay,

Were you shooting off handed or from a rest?

Off handed for your first shots that may not be so bad, if you were shooting from a rest then I think you may be able to get a little better grouping than that. The same problems that plague folk who shoot firearms can plague Crossbow shooters too. Shot anticipation, jerking the trigger instead of a continuous steady squeeze, etc...

From a rest I can keep groupsabout 2" or a touch underwith my Horton, often touching one or two. I have never shot a Barnett but think they should be a little better than that.

As with anything practice consistency and you should improve that group.

Hope this helos ya, God Bless!!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

O, yes I was shooting free hand.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Omegalover

Tee Jay,

Were you shooting off handed or from a rest?

Off handed for your first shots that may not be so bad, if you were shooting from a rest then I think you may be able to get a little better grouping than that. The same problems that plague folk who shoot firearms can plague Crossbow shooters too. Shot anticipation, jerking the trigger instead of a continuous steady squeeze, etc...

From a rest I can keep groupsabout 2" or a touch underwith my Horton, often touching one or two. I have never shot a Barnett but think they should be a little better than that.

As with anything practice consistency and you should improve that group.

Hope this helos ya, God Bless!!
That would be good information to start. The only thing I think of to ask is how are you ensuring that the string is aligned. Most xbow shooters that I know mark the string on either side of the rail at rest to mark center of the string so that when the string is cocked back you can see if it is still aligned. If it is not aligned it means that the string will not push the bolt straight. If you do not understand this concept ask because it is a very important and basic part of accuracy. Have you done a nut and bolt check (make sure all fasteners are tight)? Is the scope properly fastened?
Good luck and ask again if thinks don't get better. I don;t know what to expect from a Barnett but Omega's reply sounds reasonable.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes i did make sure everything was tight. No scope, just open sights. As far as checking the string, this is the reason I put this post on here. Ill check that this weekend. Any idea how old this thing is?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Yes i did make sure everything was tight. No scope, just open sights. As far as checking the string, this is the reason I put this post on here. Ill check that this weekend. Any idea how old this thing is?
Call or email Barnett with the serial number.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

BARNETT INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Post Office Box 934 13447 Byrd Drive
Odessa, Florida 33556

Email: [email protected]