Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Horton question? >

Horton question?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton question?

Old 03-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton question?

Have i shot a Horton, yup i shot a sorton one time, thats all it took! I went with Excalibur. I let squirrelkiller23 take care of our lite work![][:-][&o]
Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Alpha Horton??? LOL, that pain in your ankle has migrated to your horton gray matter.....gonna shoot right out of your ear and hit your target butt.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol yup! alpha horton, i'm the only one stickin up for us regularly not sayin ya dont hotburn but i gotta buckle down on these knuckleheads
Old 03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey i am not going to drop any names of Horton shooters who are having string problems, i lied. yo squirrelkiller23 hope things are string along good!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Spike

Ok, I think I may have started something here. I have one more question. How much difference is there in the Explorer XL 150 270 f.p.s. 150# and the real tree 175 TR 305 f.p.s. 175# 175 is only 30.00 more I will behunting deer andhogs.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:47 PM

I think I do a good job of stickin up for us Squirrel, But you seem to be taking care of Dnk just fine. But I noticed that It looks like your are being double jumped now that smokeolehall is in so I'll help you out! HORTONS RULE!!! If your want to stand in a tree with something that is as wide as it is long, than excalibur is the way to go. But if you want a CB thats been around for a long time, that is a deadly and stealthy as it looks then you can only settle for the best, HORTON! ( sorry Dnk, I have to help the little guy out! )
Old 03-23-2006, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: moeskeeter

Ok, I think I may have started something here. I have one more question. How much difference is there in the Explorer XL 150 270 f.p.s. 150# and the real tree 175 TR 305 f.p.s. 175# 175 is only 30.00 more I will behunting deer andhogs.
Hope im not reading this wrong but i think only 35 fps.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

No difference, they are all Hortons!!!!LOL Please some one save Moe before I say the E word.............LOL!
Ok, Ill try to be civil.... try... here goes.............. Excalibur....sorry!
I would probably go for a middle of the road xbow, high speed has its paybacks. But then again the real tree Horton looks way too cool to pass up. If I didn't know better I would buy a Horton that goes 300 fps. That is a good speed but then again so is 270. As a mechanic I would understand that everything has its costs. The higher the speed the higher the maintenance. I am sure that 270 would be fast enough with the correct broad head but on the other hand 300 would probably be wasted and dumped intot the ground on the other side of your pig untill you hit bone. Go for 300 ftps! This post will put you back on the top and maybe you'll get and educated opinion.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well other than stated speed and a few $ its the color skeem! hahaha! Did i tell you that a Vixen comes in a warm soft brown. I would say more but i don't want my friend squirrel to blow a gasket! Yea right!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:53 PM

or maybe asDJH would say "how far do ya want to walk to pic up an arrow after a pass through?"

Quick Reply: Horton question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.