Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES >

TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

Old 12-21-2008, 04:19 PM

Default RE: TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

yea i agree with the 10 rules you posted especially raising a cocked bow to your stand.unless its a built stand where you can get good leverage to cock the bow.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

If I remove the arrow to walk from one location to another, am I putting myself in danger by touching the arrow while the bow is cocked (obviously with the safety on)?I guess it's the same as putting the arrow on, only in reverse.

Comments?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:33 AM

your post will prove to be helpful for me.. these are really crucial tips that one should definitely considered.. thnks again..
Old 11-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DJH -------
I would say that the one bright spot about rapping your fingers with the string is that I have never heard of any one doing it twice. Most folks learn after once, the rest don't have a finger there anymore to rap!

I am very new to Xbows had one only 1 week
Very first thing I did was try to un**** it by holding the string
Your right I wont try that again
Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by waynemorgan
will guys ,i was ready to go out and get a crossbow this week but all this talk of losing fingers i might just shoot my sw460 mag
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Un****ing with rope not problematic for us Excalbur folks. Otherwise, more rules to consider:
Engage brain EVERY time you pick up your bow, as you would do with any death-capable implement.
Don't shoot distracted; most likely cause for majority of dryfires.
Check each arrow prior to shooting, a cracked nock or shaft can literally disintegrate the bow. (That from personal experience).
Check your strings and cables for wear regularly. Replace or reserve BEFORE the serving wears through to strands.
Wax the string routinely, lube deck if called for.
Never, ever, point a bow at something you don't want to kill.
Check the safety after ****ing to make sure it's engaged...even the self setting ones.
Makes sure the arrow is properly seated in the rail channel, nock back to string and **** feather down if applicable.
And, while I'm at it, check all moon nock equipped arrows (esp those with nocks not glued in) to make sure the nock opening is perpendicular to the **** vane. One that's off can cause a partial dryfire (That too from personal experience).
Old 12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Thanks

I want to thank all you experienced X bow guys for all this info. I tried, for the first time, unc-cking the Vixen with the rope c-cker. That was so cool. We used to have me hold the string while my son pulled the trigger. Wouldn't want to try that with an Ex-Max for sure. Is the reason you can't do that with the compound crossbows due to the anti dryfire device? Otherwise, I would think the same procedure would still work. Thanks again.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

nominated for longest runnin post....2006!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Smile

Thankyou for the list.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Spike

Ten Point Cross bows have a safety device that prevents dry firing cross bows.

Quick Reply: TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.