Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Collectibles
Rifle Casing Pens >

Rifle Casing Pens

Collectibles Looking for the perfect piece of memorabilia for your hunting cabin? Find all your hunting collectibles here.

Rifle Casing Pens

Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rifle Casing Pens

Well I bought a nice lathe a month or so back and am getting my stuff together to make pens again...heres a couple I made a few days ago out of 308 brass and walnut. The lighter colored one is cedar. I'll start selling them if there's a demand for them..
Attached Thumbnails Rifle Casing Pens-pen.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty neat!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice Bubba; I've always been a pen freak.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just want to know how many grains of powder are in those shells and what primers you used.

I'd like a pen that can write around 2800 fps.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Price out some of them; I bet some of US will buy them. I sell 95 % off all my knives on Texas Hunting forums, and most sell within a hour.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide
I just want to know how many grains of powder are in those shells and what primers you used.

I'd like a pen that can write around 2800 fps.
lol...only thing these pens do now is write and look nice...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Price out some of them; I bet some of US will buy them. I sell 95 % off all my knives on Texas Hunting forums, and most sell within a hour.
I was thinking $20 for them does that sound like a fair price? I traded the ones in the pic for similar valued item. I plan on making some antler ones as well.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I was thinking $20 for them does that sound like a fair price? I traded the ones in the pic for similar valued item. I plan on making some antler ones as well.
I don't know what kind of time you spend on the but I know that the refils has to do a lot with the value. I don't know what you use but to me Schneider refills are hard to beat. I have a $500.00 Mont Blanc and don't like the refill at all. I like that pump action you get from the Schneider.

Even though I've left the corporate world where I normally had a pen in my hand for hours, I still have week spot for wood pens.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
I don't know what kind of time you spend on the but I know that the refils has to do a lot with the value. I don't know what you use but to me Schneider refills are hard to beat. I have a $500.00 Mont Blanc and don't like the refill at all. I like that pump action you get from the Schneider.

Even though I've left the corporate world where I normally had a pen in my hand for hours, I still have week spot for wood pens.
These aren't that high end it has a cross refill seems to write decent. takes me a little over an hour to complete one start to finish. That's including polishing...

This is the first Hybrid metal/wood pen Ive made. I like the Majestic series pens they are bigger but feel better.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Dominant Buck

They do look really nice. I'm interested in them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.