Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Collectibles
 antique ammo in original boxes >

antique ammo in original boxes

Community
Collectibles Looking for the perfect piece of memorabilia for your hunting cabin? Find all your hunting collectibles here.

antique ammo in original boxes

Old 12-31-2007, 06:04 AM

Default antique ammo in original boxes

I have several full boxes of shotgun shells (paper hulls) in original boxes. A newspaper found within the wooden crate the ammo came in was circa 1949. Most are shot sizes for upland birds 12 ga. and 16 ga. but there are a couple (paper hulled) 5 count boxes of slugs.The boxes are in excellent condition. The original price is written in pencil on some of the boxes ($1.10, $1.38, etc!)
I also have some original full boxes of 30-40 Kraig rifle ammo.
All would look good on the gun rack at camp, cabin or home. Photos available.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Default RE: antique ammo in original boxes

How Much $$ ??
Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 PM

$40-$50 per box depending on condition of box
Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 PM

SOLD!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:14 PM

still have them?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:41 AM

For anybody who collects those, you can find a ton of info online and places to buy those old boxes and shells with a search. I have a couple ammo cans full of old shotgun shells from the same era, and some older too that I picked up for a steal. Depending on the caliber can be worth a ton of $$$$. Best of luck to you either selling or buying them.

P.S.

I'm not selling mine. They are going to be used as decor in a game / hunting lodge type den.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:21 PM

I'LL Say IT AGAIN..........SOLD!

I DO HOWEVEER HAVE BOXES OF 30.40 KRAIG RIFLE AMMO IN ORIGINAL BOXES AVAILABLE.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 AM

How Much for the Kraig Ammo. Maybe I am just lucky having a buddy that owns a gun shop, but I have yet to pay more than $5 for any of the old ammo and boxes that I have. He gets it from estates. Some old guy passes and his wife takes all the guns and old ammo to the gun shop to be sold...

I might be interested though in the Kraig ammo as I know I don't have any in that caliber.

kdvollmer
Old 01-29-2008, 10:09 PM

$5 a box for ammo almost 60 yoa.....ya gotta be kidding?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 AM

Gods honest truth. Gun shop owner had no interest in pricing it out. Most of the ammo was fairly common as far as old ammo is concerned. It was stuff in other guages and years that was really worth more. Trust me, I got online when I got home and started researching it, and found that most of it wasn't worth more than 10-15 on average. Some a few $$ higher, some lower. I was getting the years made by emailing the ammo companies ( if they are still open ) the LOT number from the inside of the boxes.
I KNOW that i got a great deal on most of it. But, that is what happens when your biddy owns the gun shop, and he is selling stuff that was just brought in and dropped off by some old widow. When I get stateside from Iraq, I will be more than happy to email you pics of the collection that I have managed to put together, and I bet I don't have more then 50-60 invested in it. I think i paid 15 for the first 4-5 boxes of old paper shells, and old pistol rounds, and another 40 that I was paid by the shop to clean a couple of guns for the rest, which incidentally is quite a bit.

Please don't take what I have paid as my offer to you. I was interested to know how much you wanted for that Kraig Ammo. I might be willing to buy it depending on the price.

Quick Reply: antique ammo in original boxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.