Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Camping Gear
Cast iron cookware >

Cast iron cookware

Community
Camping Gear From tents to sleeping bags to grills, you will find all of your camping needs here.

Cast iron cookware

Old 08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cast iron cookware

I recently began restoring cast iron skillets. I strip them down to the original surface with Lye and electrolysis. This is the absolute best way to get them back to like new without hurting the surface. Some people put them in a fire, a self cleaning oven, sandblasting, etc. I don't use those techniques, each of which can destroy a piece of cast iron.
Anyway here is a link to some pics of the pieces I have. I have them listed on the Griswold and Wagner Society web site and they have been selling fast. They are all vintage and name brand, no import or off brand stuff. I have a couple of Griswold pieces left, Wagner, older Lodge, Birmingham Stove and Range, etc. I have been shipping these pieces and I take great care in packaging. Shipping is usually $10-$20 depending on how many you ship and were they are going to.
http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/z...20restoration/
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

I got enough cast iron to sink a battleship. Best darn stuff for cookin' about anythin'...except pasta - but who the hell eats that crap anyways? - Only girly boys and fat broads on diets, that's who. I've restored a couple pieces, but I ain't all that sophisticated - jus' used a wire wheel on my drill and some peanut oil. Don't think I ruint nuthin', cause the pan don't leak, still gets hot, turns fish and chicken nice and brown. I may have ruint it for makin' quish, but I don't eat that stuff neither.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

It won't ruin the piece as far as usability. It will only ruin the collector value of a piece if there is indeed collector value. Many of the old Griswold's can bring big bucks, however sandblasting and wire wheels can remove the patina and turn a $500 skillet into a $40 or $50 skillet.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

im lookin for a 12" lodge wok, has a tear drop handle...you got one?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

I love to cook with cast iron over an open flame.