Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
 Worst Food EVER!!  What is yours? >

Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Old 01-27-2004, 02:15 PM

Default RE: Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Beef liver
Old 01-31-2004, 06:15 PM

Baked bear steak:My grandfather killed a black bear in Ontario and gave us some of the meat to try.My father and I had never tried bear before[I was only 9 or 10],so we asked mom to cook some up.She had questions on how to prepare the meat, so she asked my dad, who by the way,couldnt boil water.So she threw it in the oven,45 minutes later,Din-DIN right?Wrong!!I put a chunk in my mouth the same time my father did.Boy,I wish I had a picture of our faces,that was definatly a Kodak moment!![X(][X(]He looked like a dog who caught a bee in his mouth and couldnt spit it out!I probably looked the same!!It was an ungodly smell and...?....?...NOW I know what s**t tastes like!We ran our plates to the trash can,then my dad came up with another idea,"hey,lets give it too the dog![cocker spanial-poodle]".Now Ive seen this dog eat a dead skunk,and my baby brothers sh**ty diapers before.So we threw him the steaks, and man,you shouldve seen that.He proceded to put the steak in his mouth,and then all of the sudden,dropped it,backed up,and would not stop barking,growling,and howling at this thing.Ive never seen anything like that before up to this date..........Just another great moment that me and my father like to talk about and laugh every once and a while.
P.S. sorry so long
P.S.S.Bear is my 3rd favorite eating game.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:52 PM

Winter scout camp.
forgot the frying pan for pancakes. Also forgot our water. We did have 7-up though. cooked up the 7-up pancakes on a flat rock, tasted like fresh cat crap smells! Never use 7-up in a pancake mix!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:06 AM

gotta agree with the beef liver....went to a friends house when i was a kid and the dinner was beef liver and onions...no one told me and i took a big old bite...it was dry and like baby powder in my mouth...haven't had it since.

i think it was way over cooked.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

LIVER, LIVER,LIVER
Old 02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Beagle,

You had me rolling in laughter with that one. Great story.

I tried cooking some duck the other day (I believe it was a scaup)....didn't get past the first bite!!!!!!!

Jay
Old 02-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Fork Horn

Chicken liver + kidneys.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Duck! I dont know what was wrong with it but had to air the kitchen out for a couple days. A close second is the C-Ration fruitcake.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had some lutivisk(sp) one time, and almost puked. It's a Scandanavian fish dish.
Hey I resemble that remark.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Host of Hosts

I've got you all beat!!!!

The other day a co-worker brought in some vegimite from Australia, he spread two pieces of toast and gave it to a couple other guys, the looks on their face should have been enough for me not to try it , but I figured I had to atleast try a small piece of toast. Afterall how bad could it really be?

Well..... It was the nastiest most discusting thing I have ever tried. I had to spread some leftover Taco Bell hot sauce on a day old bagel to get rid of the taste. And the smell of it stayed on my hand even after washing with gojo.

If you ever are able to try it, DON'T there is not enough money for you to do it.

Quick Reply: Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.