Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Elk Chilli Cheese Dogs

Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Elk Chilli Cheese Dogs

Here is a pic of the most awesome NO-MESS Chilli Dog with cheese. Very simple recipe we sell at our sausage supply shop here in Omaha.

Last edited by friscospices.com; 12-23-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Yesterday was a barn burner in our retail store for the Iowa hunters. We had at least 40 people try our chillidogs yesterday all with a thumbs up. I thought today would be quiet, but so far, steady number customers in the door and these guys are crazy about the chill dogs, served our first 3 chillidogs at 7:45 am to some last minute shoppers coming in for gifts. I bet we have served about 25 so far this am. Closing early today to give the employees time with families even though we are buried its important for me to let them have a little extra time. Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New year.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

I had a guy yesterday offer to pay to make his chillidogs for him and I told him I couldn't do that but explained to him how to make them. He bought the stuff and left the shop. About 10:30 this am (15 min ago) he came in with the biggest smile on his face and a bag full of chill dogs for us to try. They where perfect and his idea of adding 2 cans of the hot chilli beans and one can mild really made a difference. I will add the hotter ones next time I have always just used the 3 cans of mild. Anyway everyone have a great new year and if you want to try something off of our web site and start a post about the product give me a call 800 762 6689 maybe I can work something out with you.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Spike

Sounds great