Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Deer Jerky

Old 09-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Jerky

Ok I might have posted this in the wrong forum before. Time to finish up the meat in the freezer from last year. I make jerky all year but this time of year kick it up a notch. I made this video of Deer jerky making and have a couple other venison cooking vids on my channel you guys might like. Here's the one for Jerky:

http://youtu.be/4oUVSJY_by8

Who else makes deer jerky and what other methods do you use?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I make all of mine in a dehydrator and I use the Hot Jerky Mix seasoning mix I sell. The only thing I do a little different is I add in powdered smoke with the seasoning to give it a smokey flavor without the bitterness of liquide smoke. We sell the powdered smoke by the cup. You only use a 1/4 per 25# meat. If you need some or want to try it call 800 762 6689 and ask for Ben he can hook you up. Tell him your a Hunting Net member and get 10% off as well.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Spike

I use Spice N Slice mixes for my Jerky . I just use there Western hickory smoked flavor and sometimes add bite .. like some franks red hot or just ground pepper .. but otherwise this stuff makes it .. everytime . I can barley keep it around . a big sell at work . .. you can check em out at www.spicenslice.com . there a pretty cool business . there a non-profit who helps out the disabled folk in there area by providing employment ,
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Be careful spicenslice is outragously priced.