Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

White Venison Chili

Old 10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default White Venison Chili

This is our families secret recipe for venison chili. I am new to the web site as an advertiser and would like to share this 60 year old secret recipe. A couple things have been changed over the years but according to Grandpa it is the real thing. Believe me it is worth your time to make a batch of this

WHITE VENISON CHILI

2 Pablano Peppers
4 Jalapeno Peppers
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Yellow Onions
1 TBSP Ground Cumin
¼ Tsp White Pepper
49 oz Chicken Broth
2 small cans of Diced Green Chilies
1 lb of Bacon
4 lbs of Ground Venison
2 large cans of Van Camps Pork & Beans
2 large cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
16 oz of Salsa Verde
2” of large block of Velveeta Cheese

Remove seeds and stem from Pablano Peppers and chop in small pieces and fry in one of the peppers in a fry pan with no grease. Cook until blacken and blistered.

Add cooked pepper to food processor along with 2 cloves of garlic 1 onion, 4 jalapeno peppers, white pepper, and ground cumin. Chop fine; add some chicken broth to help blend smooth.

Add these ingredients along with the diced chilies to the crock pot and ½ of the can of chicken broth. Let simmer.

Fry the bacon in a frying pan along with the other chopped up pablano pepper and the other two cloves of garlic sliced. Fry bacon until crispy and remove all ingredients and add to the crock pot. Save the grease.

Add the pork & beans to the crock pot.

Fry the ground venison in the saved bacon grease. Strain off grease and save. Add cooked ground venison to the crock pot and add the remaining chicken broth to the crock pot.

Chop the last onion and fry in the bacon grease. When cooked soft, strain off grease and add to the crock pot.

Add the two cans of cream of mushroom soup, Salsa Verde and Velveeta cheese to the crock pot. Simmer at least until the cheese is melted.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Spike

Sounds good
Think I'll give it a try when the weather starts cooling down
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

I can promis you wont be sorry. As a matter of fact most of theextended family that has the recipe never even eats the tomato based chili. You will be very suprised how good it is.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

We shot an Elk last Sat Oct 19th and guess what was on the table Sunday night? This recipe rocks