Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Help with tenderloin

Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help with tenderloin

How do you cook the tenderloin? Got a nice doe lastnight, and have the tenderloins in the fridge. Dinner will be good today!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

salt ,pepper, garlic, wrap in bacon, grill until medium. Enjoy
Old 11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy cuts them into small chunks. Soaks them in milk for a day then dips them in egg and rolls them in flour seasoned with salt,pepper and garlic. Then frys them in a skillet. The parctically melt in your mouth.

He also seasons them in salt pepper and garlic. Puts cream cheese on them ,rolls them and wraps in bacon and puts them on the grill
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default halfs' pepper farm

quik and easy

needed
onion
large jalapeno peppers
bacon
tooth picks soaked in water
lawrys liquid marinade..i recommend lemon pepper

soak meat in any marinade ya like....slice into strips (basically that fit in a 1/2 slice jalapeno pepper)

onion..cut into 1/4's or 1/6's dependin on pepper size...should look like a boat sail, not rings, sail size should be big as peppers

jalapenos slice long ways and de-vain and de-seed..the more vain ya leave the hotter they are..if ya remove all of it , it will not be hot at all.

place a piece of meat in the pepper, do not fold, it can be fat or thin , cover with onion slice and wrap with jus enough bacon to make it around and toof-pik it (usually cut bacon in 1/2)

grill or pan fry or oven, when the bacon is crispy they are done

better make a whole bunch and hide some for yourself or there wont be any for you after all the work lol
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Spike

Cut into desired size pieces. Mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup corn starch, 2 teaspoons garlic salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon onion powder, set aside. In seperate bowl beat 3 eggs, roll deer meat in eggs then in flour mixture. Fry in hot butter, bacon grease, or canola oil to desired doneness.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

Some great ideas there. I go for the simple salt and pepper, a quick sear, then fininsh off for a couple of minutes in oven or on grill. I love it red in the middle and the leftovers are never reheated, just at cold.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Spike

Dont know if you have it in your area, but Dale's Seasoning (its a liquid marinade) is awesome. We slice thin, maybe 3/8's inch, soak it in Dales for about 1 hour, cook on a hot grill for about 4 minutes per side.

Another idea is to slice even thinner and soak, then roll and wrap in bacon. Use a toothpick to hold in the roll. Put on grill till bacon is crispy. AWESOME.......
Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Flatten slightly with meat hammer, fry up some peppers, mushrooms, onions then set aside, Fry tenderloins in butter couple minutes each side, put slices of provalone cheese on top until melted, then add grilled vegtables on top and serve on a hoagie roll or french bread. Best steak sandwich you will ever have.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

oh man...soooo many ways

i am making some tonight...here is what i do with a 6 inch chunk

morning of...cut silver skin and trim accordingly, then rinse with water and paper towel dry it off

cut three to four diagonal pockets into each side, coat outside of chunk with a little bit of olive oil...rub minced garlic (fresh, not can), black pepper (corns crushed), and montreal steak seasoning all over outside...flip meat and repeat process, cutting diagonal pockets opposite direction (otherwise you will have holes), make sure to get a lot of garlic in the pockets, place this in a small ziploc bag and fridge it until dinner time

for cooking, i like to put it under the broiler, 6-8 minutes as high as it gets for medium rare, i like mine with some sauteed onions and mushrooms on top

OHHHHHHHHHHH BABBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYY is it good
Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tenderloins don't NEED any special seasoning or marinade. They are tender the way they are straight from the deer, and are often eaten the same day the deer was taken.

So, salt and pepper, fry them whole in butter to rare, medium rare at the most. Let sit a couple minutes, slice and eat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.