Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Cast iron cookware ?

Old 04-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cast iron cookware ?

Hope this is the right place to ask.
Does anyone know a site to look to see prices of old cast iron cookware? My mother just gave me a Griswold skillet and griddle, 2 Vollrath skillets and a Carlisle dutch oven that belonged to her mother. Am curious as to there value.
Thanks.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Cast iron cookware ?

I don' t know of a book or site,but if your grandmother had them,KEEP THEM NO MATTER WHAT!![8D].

I have a few of the same and would not part with them.there' s been some good eating cooked in them all[:-]
Old 04-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with tree climber, those old used cast iron skillets beat out all those new ones on the market, enjoy using them, and maybe you could cook a dish that tasted just like Grandma made. I doubt they are worth anthing except sentmental value as alot of folks out there still have and use them. I have a couple you mentioned also.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:59 AM

when i bought my new place im at now me and my wife found a griswald skillet and i looked it up on the net all i did was put in cast iron cookware ,griswald ,the part # and so on we did find it on a site and found out it was worht $150.00 and we have found other stuff too but i havent looked it up but i would say just try wording you search all kinds of ways and you will find them let us know what there worth and good luck
Old 04-17-2003, 11:57 AM

Remember that if you want them to last keep them oiled and never wash them in a machine. Just a little tip

hunt on hunt hard eat well
Old 04-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Dido on keeping them. If you have to wash them, oil them real good and then put thim back on the fire a little while then carefully wipe them off and let them cool.
Chef, hows the shoulder?
Rick
Old 04-26-2003, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

try this website, there is a message board there on the left you can click on and read questions from others or post your own message, hope this helps.
http://gcica.org/