Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Smoker help.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Smoker help.

I have a Brinkman electric smoker. I believe I paid in the neighborhood of $50 for it. I have used it plenty over the last few years.

I'm not sure if Brinkman sells a propane model.

If you like smoked stuff, you'll be using it a lot. The stuff gets ate up quickly by friends and family.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Brinkman is one of the best in the businessfor smoking meat.I had one of their early model charcoal smokers years ago and loved it.I made everything from 25lb smoked turkeys,salmon,smoked ribs and all kinds of jerky.They are really well made,any charcoal grill can easily smoke meats and do a great job,simply put coals around the outside of a pan filled with water,juice or beer,put soaked wood chips on the white coals then your meat on the rack rack,one key though is leave the flues just a crack open.No need to spend a bunch.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fletch just wondering if you jumped in the world of smokeing
Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Hopefully will get one this week, I have been neck deep in other projects. My stomach usually rules though so should be soon!!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
bigcountry

Oh, this is blasphamous. Using Propane to smoke???? Charcoal and lump all the way.

Just kidding. I use a weber bullet and kinda wish I could get a propane. I love the idea and taste of lump, but its difficult to control over 16 hour brisket smoke.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fletch when you get your smoker, Ibet you'll be smokeing more than you thought you ever would

B C
The smoker above dosen't have a thermastat but it is really simple to control the temps and the long smokes are cake walks. Can't say enough about that smoker.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same as in picture. Propane all the way, can control heat better. I can do salmpn it a bit over 1 hr. Deer shoulders in two as well as port spare ribs. (The latter two I cover with BBQ sauce, in foil, then cook over low heat in smoker - without adding wood - for 2 hrs more. Super.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cossack, Fall offf the bone Ribs are so good!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

I ended up getting a Great Outdoors Smoker. Man I did some ribs just awesome. Also have done salmon and some atomic buffalo turds!!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Oh, this is blasphamous. Using Propane to smoke???? Charcoal and lump all the way.

Just kidding. I use a weber bullet and kinda wish I could get a propane. I love the idea and taste of lump, but its difficult to control over 16 hour brisket smoke.
Here you go, they use charcoal or propane:

Masterbuilt 7 in 1 smoker

I have their 25# mini version and it works great, for lump flavor just add a foil packet filled with lump to the base occasionally, chips or pellets work well too.

Quick Reply: Smoker help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.