Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Favorite venison recipe

Old 02-10-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Favorite venison recipe

This is a thread where you can share your all time favorite venison recipes. It can be any part of the deer (backstrap,roasts etc..). In a sense, this is like a recipe swap.
As of right now I dont have a favorite recipe. I love venison all around and dont have very fancy ways of cooking it.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 PM

Default RE: Favorite venison recipe

Take it from a tennessee redneck who loves to eat deer.You can soak it in dales sauce and coca cola classic for a couple of hours and throw it on the grill, everyone will enjoy. How your grill cooks will determine the out come.Also keep a seperate bowl of dales and coke on the side to marinade while cooking, be sure it is not what you soaked it in.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

My wife cooks it in a crock pot .She is a 5 STAR cook.I'll get the particuliars later. I do know you can also ruin them in a crock pot so I will get the EXACT recipe.later todayOur crock pot is thermastically controlled. {She can keep it on a very low setting all day .It shuts off and on.She bought it at Walmart.
Name brand..Westbend...it's a big metal one.
Chuck7

Old 02-19-2006, 04:03 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife had it written out....thenI said how long do they leave it in the crock post .She said that all depends on the size of the roast. With that in mind & I don't want anyone to ruin a roast so I will leave it alone.
C7