Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Horseradish

Old 10-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Horseradish

I'm wanting a good recipe on making horseradish. Have a bunch of the stuff in the garden. The wifes uncle used to make it for me but didn't get his recipe before he passed away. Zeak
Old 10-06-2002, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Horseradish

Zeak: I've never made it, but I've seen a couple of simple recipes. You can literally just peel it, chunk it and mulch it up in a food processor and use it as is. Beyond this, you can add a bit of vinegar, or give it a full-on pickling treatment. For creamed horseradish, zing it through the processor until it reaches the desired consistancy, and then add some mayo and give 'er a spin again. You could add some vinegar or lemon juice to add a bit more flavor. Adding a favorite herb or 2 might not be too bad either. At any rate, the stuff is awesome with elk and venison as it is with beef.

"Friend of Men, Lover of Women, Purveyor of the Brutal Truth"
Old 10-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Spike

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I'm wanting a good recipe on making horseradish. Have a bunch of the stuff in the garden. The wifes uncle used to make it for me but didn't get his recipe before he passed away. Zeak
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 10-06-2002, 04:08 PM
Spike

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Clean the horseradish,cut into small chunks and process in food processer,until it is some what creamy. Add equal parts sugar,vinegar and horseradish.You can put in small jars seal and store in freezer.Have made it this way for years.Looses some of its kick after awhile in frezer but still good.