Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How we do wit trash? >

How we do wit trash?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How we do wit trash?

Old 05-08-2005, 10:38 PM

Default How we do wit trash?

Hi, everyone. I'm a student doing a research on how hunters do with their trash esp during the time you camping in the deep woods. I'm interested in how people do with the trash when they are camping. I mean if there is someone cook their " scored stuff" right at camp site, how do you handling the waste?
Thanks.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:57 PM

Default RE: How we do wit trash?

That's easy. If I pack it in, I pack it out.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do the same as mentioned above , and sometimes I come out with trash that was left by someone else. You'll find that the overall majority of hunters are quite opposite as the stereotypical "beer drinkin slob out in the woods"! We hunters prefer to see the wilderness in it's natural beauty , not littered with trash.

I mean if there is someone cook their " scored stuff" right at camp site, how do you handling the waste?
Thanks.
If your refering to animal remains (like entrails) if we harvest something? That is typically left in the woods and is normally completely consumed by varmints within days , sometimes hours.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Wirehair

Same here - as well pick up any other trash that I might stumble upon.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I go small game hunting and stump shooting, I carry a big garbage bag with me. The equestrians - city folk who like to ride horses on our nearby public land - are some trashy darn people. They leave soda cans and water bottles scattered all along the horse trails. We won't even discuss their campsites![:'(] Anyway, their litter makes excellent targets. When I shoot a can or bottle, I retrieve my arrow, slide my late target off into the garbage bag and go after another target. I get in some good practice and leave the woods cleaner than I found it.

For campsites, I will leave my camp area in one of two ways. If it's a pristine area, I want it to look like I was never there. If it's trashed out when I get there, I'll leave it clean.

But as for the 'byproducts' of butchering and cooking in the woods, Bowfanatic said all that need be said. Nature takes care of that in very short order.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me too.. I NEVER EVER LEAVE TRASH.. When I go Camping I actually go to all the other camp sites and pick up the remains that CITY DWELLING slobs left behind..Like the So called PETA members and Environmentalists..
Old 05-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

I pack it out with me. I pick up more of other people's trash than anything. I follow what my father has said for as long as I can remember. 'always leave the place cleaner than you found it'. good advice...I'm always picking up fishing line, spent shells, you name it...
Old 05-09-2005, 07:01 AM

same here always leave it cleaner then when I was there.Woods arent to much of a problem but when fishing I carry a grocery bag with me.When the kids and me are done we take the time to clean up fishing line,cans,food wrappers,and all the other stuff people leave.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Wirehair, pack it in, pack it out.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:48 AM

No doubt. Leave no trace

Quick Reply: How we do wit trash?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.