Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

F

Old 05-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default F

Y
Old 05-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Default RE: FYI cellphone users

Them people will do anything to sell you junk. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's going to be really fun. i just put mine, one of my sister's, and my mom's numbers on their. thanks for the info.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

FYI: That's a rumor and is not going to happen. It started getting passed around in emails by who knows who. Guess it can't hurt to put your # on the do not call list, but there is no list to be released to telemarketers
Old 05-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, Thanks alot, my cell is crazy as it is without those ying yangs callin every 10 seconds. I put my home phone on that about 2 tears ago and it has put a stop to every thing but the sherifs assoc. lookin for $$$$$$.
GOOD LOOKIN OUT !!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS ALOT. Sean.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Do not call that number. The FCC anounced that there is NO do not call list for cell phones yet. It's Spam and you will be charged a fee from the theives that put out this notice. It's just a scam to get you call that number and then you are billed for the call.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's Spam and you will be charged a fee from the theives that put out this notice. It's just a scam to get you call that number and then you are billed for the call.
David, could you explain this in more detail please. The original post had a link to the national do not call list which is a government web site which the FCC enforces.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

good thing I am cancelling mine...useless p.o.s...never works when I need it too...too moutainous where I am.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

There was a segment on the radio (CBS affiliate) yesterday that spoke about this new scam. I'm not completely sure of all the details on they are working this new scam. They stated on the radio that when you call the number provided you are hit with a huge addition to your bill. I looked at the website and something there seems fishy. Does this look like a government backed website? I see a link to FTC.gov which seems legit but why does this site look so different and amatuer? I see little to no contact information other than that phone number. After what I heard I would not even consider calling these people. The radio also mentioned that there is no do not call list for cell phones yet, although one is in the works. All I'm saying is be cautious and careful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.