Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ROBIN HOODS

Old 05-02-2005, 02:59 PM

Default ROBIN HOODS

Was just wondering how often people shoot a Robin Hood?
I have one at 30, one at 40 and two at 50.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ROBIN HOODS

I have a total of 4. two at 20, one at 30, and one at 40. two of these were in one day merely 5-6 shots apart. I'll never do that again. all but one were with aluminum.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:58 PM

I have 2 both were in other peoples arrows in a 3D shoot out with 5 other people same day.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You simply can't shoot more than 2 or 3 arrows at the same spot just for this reason. I have countless RH's, many of them laying around in the shop, from the past 15 years. It's neat looking at the different shafts and fletch combos I've used over the years. From old XX75 Autum Orange Hunters with 5" vanes to ACC 3-49s with 2" feathers and dozens of shafts in between. One thing is for sure, with thye cost of arrows today.... it's to expensive to be doing it often.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:47 PM

I've got 3, 2 at 20 yards and 1 at 30 yards
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not get any till I bought my Bowtech . I got my first last year. Getting ready for a cool weather hunt so the night before I enter my backyard just to see how things are working. My cold weather King of The Mountain on and first arrow, bullseye! Second arrow, bullseye! Robin Hood. Well, looks like everythings working. And went back inside, lol
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 PM

once i got rid of the ole nova for the Mathews, my groups shrank tighter and tighter until i robin hooded two weeks after getting it. at 10 bucks a pop on the CX-200's, i've just said to hell with it and i pick different spots to shoot at. price ain't a big concern, i just would rather not having to be going to the pro shop becuase im trashing arrows. i actuallygot low on arrows one day so i took my robin hood apart and used the good arrow. oh well i guess

slayer
Old 05-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Typical Buck

I've had countless "almost" RH's....only off by about 1mm (most of which happened when I first started with a bow about 6 years ago). Guess those just didn't hit the exact spots needed. After all these instances of breaking knocks and tearing vanes I've shooting 5 spot targets since then. Finally got my first RH a few weeks ago and that happened b/c I was adjusting my sight and shooting at a one spot target. I know I'm capable of a RH more than what I have actually produced but I honestly don't want to spend money on arrows if I can avoid it by shooting a 5 spot target. BTW.....I'm not trying to brag b/c I'm sure most of you shoot more often than me and are most likely better than me but with the equipment and practice we all put into our shooting we all should be shooting RH's quite often. It's still special though! That's just my philosophy on it.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3x of them, I usually don't shoot at the same spot if I can avoid it unless I am shooting at 40+ yards. They were with Aluminum back in the day, and I have countless split nocks as well since then. I just last week split a nock on one of my GT Pro 22's and buggered the end up on it, but it wasn't quite a robin hood.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. they are fun, and neat, but at the same time very expensive. I find myself shooting at different areas on the target if more than two arrows are 'too' close to one another.

Quick Reply: ROBIN HOODS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.