Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Release

Old 04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Release

I am new to bow hunting and I am going out to purchase a new release. The guy at Bass Pro suggeted I purchase a Scott. I kind of liked the, I think it is called the, tru-ball.

Any advice as to which is the best would be great. My criteria for best would probably include accuracy, comfort and durability.

Thanks
Tom

P.S. If it makes any difference I am shooting a Mathews FX at about 29".
Old 04-26-2005, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Best Release

If you have a chance to shoot a few I would but I have to agree with a choice of Tru-Ball. I've shot both the tornado glove and the hunter II and found both to be silky smooth and consistent shot after shot.

I've shot a fletchunter, scott, and cobra and IMHO the Tru-Ball are the best. For the record my back up I keep in my pack is a Scott.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a tru ball, just went away from it because it was attatched to the strap via a string, but shot it for three years. no complaints. I just bought a scott little goose, and it has a few more things I like about it like being a single caliper as opposed to a double. this way the string comes out of the release the same way every time. I like it alot, but if something happened to it, I'd go right back to my tru ball.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:48 PM

try this one - always right there when you need it, it never fails and its what people have been using for thousands of years

Old 04-27-2005, 10:40 AM

I got a flecher 3d I can't get rid of. It has a flexible strap from the wrist to the trigger so you can tuck it into your sleeve when your climbing in and out of your stand. It wraps around the wrist with velro for a perfect fit

Mongoose releases are similar they are a little smaller and use a buckle type wrist strap.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up going with a Primos brand release. I liked the feel of it and it comes with a life time garantee. It was $40. That helped too.

Tom
Old 04-27-2005, 12:10 PM

The Truball Short-n-Sweet is the best I have used to date. I don't think you would go wrong with a scott rhino either. It is best to shoot both of these releases with a string loop.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like tru-ball releases. I have a King George and a Pro Diamond.

Longbow-Damascus Glove

Datamax-Isn't that glove on backwards?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree, if you can try them do so. Find the one you like. Its not what others like, but what you like. We can suggest the ones we like, but if you dont like it, then its no good. I personally like the split fire. i like the bevled piston action it uses. I have alway had great releases from it.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: datamax

try this one - always right there when you need it, it never fails and its what people have been using for thousands of years

All in personal pref.

Im a weird one when it comes to traditional. I like a tab better than a glove.

Quick Reply: Best Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.