Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DEVASTATING news for IL!!! >

DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

Old 04-21-2005, 05:27 PM

Default RE: DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

bwhunter501 - Expand on that. Who's getting the money ?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can sell all the tags you want, but if you don't have a place to hunt you can't kill deer. Unless everyone is going to cough up the money to hunt with an outfitter they're going to be stuck on public land. 95% of the outfitters in IL are booked to the gills with people as it is, it should be interesting to see what happens now. More revenue for outfitters could really start driving lease prices through the roof, that's for sure.

I'm just planning on selling my kidneys on ebay for a down payment on some land.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:58 PM

HNIJustin - ding, ding, ding

Outfitters, leasers etc etc ........... thats the problem, the commercialization of Hunting. Its not the ammount of non-resident hunters IMO, a state can absorb tens of thousands of non-residents and many do.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's just the natural progression of things. Hunting is supposed to be a personal quite kind of thing among small groups of people but it has become a mega industry. If people want to practice QDM that;s fine but it should be kept like a secret, same as a honey hole. People just can't shut up. We have big conventions were people by the tens of thousands tell the world how obsessed we are instead of being quite staying in the shadows, blending in, like we were never there. Like hunters. Like Bow Hunters.

What I can't believe is that anyone is supprized. Welcome to history 101 again and again and again and again...
Old 04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: datamax

HNIJustin - ding, ding, ding

Outfitters, leasers etc etc ........... thats the problem, the commercialization of Hunting. Its not the ammount of non-resident hunters IMO, a state can absorb tens of thousands of non-residents and many do.
I wonder if the NR tags at 450+ had anything to do with it.[:@]
Old 04-21-2005, 07:04 PM

that sucks some sour booty right there
Old 04-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

more tags.....more people.....more poachers..thats just my opinoin though. and i think we are going to have a hard time with that being that we laid off so many conservasion guys. this should be an interesting year.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

With the tags at 435 dollars and then adding your NR hunting license on top of that im sure this is going to hurt alot of DIY hunters. With prices like this deer hunting is going to be a rich mans sport.

Price hikes like this hurt ALL of us. NR, and residents alike.....................

The DNR didnt even support this bill and our great politics here in Illinois take over . They can give a rats a** about anyone or the deer herd. Only thing they are looking at is $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget we eliminated CHECK STATIONS for this next season as well so I guess it doesn't really matter what they say the buck limit is, they put it in everyuones own hands anyway!!! As mentioned, add to this all the eliminated personal from our DNR and we have a serious mess!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:11 PM

I wonder if the NR tags at 450+ had anything to do with it
not really, not

With the tags at 435 dollars and then adding your NR hunting license on top of that im sure this is going to hurt alot of DIY hunters. With prices like this deer hunting is going to be a rich mans sport.

Price hikes like this hurt ALL of us. NR, and residents alike.....................
Don K get it. You must understand that people with money CAN afford an extra few hundred bucks, along with several grand for a lease etc etc. The rich are going to have their places to hunt, Joe Bowhunter ? Forget it, because even if Joe can get a tag, Joe can't afford a place to hunt.

Lose - Lose for hunting

Quick Reply: DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.