Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I want to hear about bad broadheads? >

I want to hear about bad broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I want to hear about bad broadheads?

Old 04-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I want to hear about bad broadheads?

I stopped using Thunderheads, having had one come apart in a block target, and another that would have come apart had I stuck it in the elk I was calling in. (I noticed later that it was ready to fall apart.) The blade-"locking" system on those things is just unbelievably cheesy.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

the very first mechanical i ever tried. callled PUNCHCUTTER. it just would not penetrate. i knew riley puckett as he was developing his bloodtrailers at the time. he is actually the person who sold me the puchcutters. his wife told me that if i didnt like them(punchcutters), she would let me exchange them for another broadhead. after a boar hunt in which i got 1 inch of penetration at point blank range w/ a 70 lb golden eagle- i returned them. that biotch would not exchange them. needless to say i never purchased another item from them. he had a heart attack right after that and died. she moved the operations to west va. she remarried and named one of the models of bloodtrailers after him(austin wedgehead). heck, if i would of married her there might be a mdel named "johnny wedgehead".. LOL.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:45 PM

I can't believe people are slaming Thunderheads. I've used them for a lot of years and a lot of game. About 25-30 hogs and 15-20 deer and I never had a bad experience. Lost blades....no way. You're probably un-screwing them when you pull them out. My opinion of this forum and the subject of bad/good broadheads is, bad shot=bad broadhead.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Puckett's bloodtrailers sucked![:@]

Crimson talons aren't too much better.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

I agree the old Satellites were bad.

Best old heads I ever used, and by old heads I mean when we didn't have a lot to choose from were Rocky Mountain broadheads.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:38 PM

They don't make 'em anymore, but Hoyt Top Cuts catch the wind like a sail. They look so pretty, with 4 blades and cut on contact tip, but man do they float!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWDACIOUS

Thunderheads......NO BLOOD TRAIL.

LOL where did ya hit the deer the leg. You should see my trail after a well place shot with a thunder head. Looks like someone took a 5 gallon bucket of blood and just dumped it in a stream for about 20 yards then theres my deer.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:04 PM

I have not used one that was realy bad, My buddy shot a ten pointer with a Montec G5. The tip was bent 90 degrees when it hit bone. I don't know where he hit but a broadhead like that should not bend in that mannor. The head never came out the other side of the animal.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:46 AM

Thunderheads......NO BLOOD TRAIL.

UhHumBull****uhhum ........... One of THE best designs of all time, bar none. Solid heads, well built, durable, don't fail, ultra sharp blades ........ they ARE the broadhead of choice among many, many bowhunters.

This was a Thunderhead ...... out of a 52# longbow at 18 yards on a 225 pound Kansas whitetail. No bloodtrails ? LOL !

Quick Reply: I want to hear about bad broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.