Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Treestand Question >

Summit Treestand Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Treestand Question

Old 04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Treestand Question

Hi i'm a new member. I had a question for ya'll. has anyone ever tried the new rapid climb stirrups? i got them on the x4 and didn't care for them too much i'ld like to know what ya'll thought.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Treestand Question

I really liked them. I found it easer to climb and much better than the old strap/bungee cord setup. I guess it's a personal thing but I have them on all my Summit climbers now.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like them as well ,no more bending in order to get your feet in place when your wearing all your gear.

nubo
Old 04-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like em too. If you do a seaerch on them you'll get a ton of info.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here. I like them. They make it a lot easier to climb than the straps.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 AM

I have not used them but I never had a problem with the straps, this is what I do know is. With the straps the stand has never even began to come close to falling off. I have climbed some crocked trees too. I would have to try them! The straps are 100% out of the way too. I will probably find out in a couple of years. Call the Guys at Summit to see what you can do to get some straps, they are good people to work with.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:27 AM

Hey guys,
I have a Viper and a Bushmaster.
The Viper has the stirrups. Super stand. Easy to climb, quiet. Stirrups help allot.
The Bushmaster does not have the stirrups. It is MUCH harder to climb, in part because it does not have the stirrups. But also because you can't sit and climb. A person better have some upper body strength if they want to use the Bushmaster because you have to support all your wt w/ your arms while pulling your legs up. I do like the stand and use it allot, but there is a huge amount of difference between the two.
If I had any choice of a climber to add to my tools for next year, there is no doubt I would get another viper w/ the stirrups over any other climbing stand.
R
Hank
Old 04-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got a Bullet Backpacker this year and I really liked the stirrups once I got used to them. The only downside is I need to move them to collapse the stand flat. Other than that they are great.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright thanks ya'll. i didn't have a prob with the stirrups when i used regular shoes but when i tried it with my snake boots i couldn't use them very well. i think it may have been that the boots were just too big. i guess i need to try them with a pair of boots that fit.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't like them, too flimsy. Here's what I did to mine. I left the stirups on the rail just in case a srtap malfunctions.

Quick Reply: Summit Treestand Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.