Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

level on site

Old 04-10-2005, 08:52 PM

Default level on site

What does having a perfectly virticle bow every shot do for you? I've only been using a site with a level on it for 2 days now and i have to do more testing, but i think i get better groups when i just raise it up and let it naturally fall into the same location every time. When trying to use the level it seems like i keep going from level to pin to target to level ect and my shots aren't as good. Also i'm sure with more practice it'd become easier to get it level without checking the level so much, but in a hunting situation i wouldn't want to have to worry about whether or not my bow is perfectly verticle.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: level on site

Canting the bow WILL indeed have an effect on your arrow impact and your groups, especially at longer ranges. I've always shot better with one.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure, i've never used one. But i do know the Fitzgeralds cant their bows and those guys are awesome at shooting.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a level on mine, too, but usually don't pay too much attention to it. I'll check once in a while just to see where I'm at but am usually pretty level anyway.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

I would first check to make sure the bubble on your site was indeed level mounted with your bow i noticed with one of my older bows it was off by about a 1/4 bubble, by standing my axels and then again my riser flat against a known level surface the bubble was indeed off this made me think that somewhere either the bubble placement on the sight or something on the bow was out of tolerance. It can really drive you nuts thinking that your cant is all well when your going by an errant bubble.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think a consistant form is best. Some time ago when you shot someones gun they might say it pulls left. For him it was dead on, he knew where to aim. Same with archery. Set your pins right and shoot the same and you'll be fine. You can use the level to check and see if anything has moved though.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 AM

I have a level on my sights and have never once checked it. Consistant form will get you the same results every time.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

I'm not sure, i've never used one. But i do know the Fitzgeralds cant their bows and those guys are awesome at shooting.
The shoot instinctive, that is why they cant their bows. Cant doesn't matter as long as you are not using a sight.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the first person I have ever heard say that the Fitzgeralds were "awesome shots"!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:57 PM

I grew up in Florida, shooting, and hunting. My best friend and I go back to where he grew up to hunt West Virginia. You would be suprised how much you need one in them there hills.

Quick Reply: level on site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.