Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To quiver or not to quiver >

To quiver or not to quiver

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To quiver or not to quiver

Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Default To quiver or not to quiver

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but do you guys hunt with your quiver on or off your bow. Whats the downside to having it on your bow. I'm not talken bout the kind you can take on and off but the kind that stays on there even when you shoot.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:09 AM

Default RE: To quiver or not to quiver

Off. Once you remove one arrow out of that quiver (Say for a second shot) your bow is out of tune. Some say I'm anal, but it's the truth.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:11 AM

I hunt with my quiver on the bow because i like to have about 4 arrows with me and it just seems like a pain to carry around a hip quiver, the only downside is that it adds weight to your bow and can be a little loud if you dont put limbsavers on it....but im not takin it off anytime soon.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 AM

Mine comes off once I'm in the tree.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My stays on the bow while I'm hunting. Last year, had a chance for a second shot after I blew the first and it's nice to have an arrow right there where you can grab it.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

My quiver is removed as soon as I'm in the tree.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:22 AM

I shoot with mine on. I never used to but that was when I had a detachable quiver and it wasn't snugly fit to the bow. I now have a two piece quiver (4 arrow) that is rock solid. I can't think of an honest drawback to having my quiver on my bow. I've been shooting with in on now for a year and wouldn't dream of taking it off.

The quiver is the key to wether or not you can shoot with it on your bow.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also prefer to detach my quiver once I reach my stand/blind. A quiver loaded with arrows adds a awkward off balance feel that can easily cause torque.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

my quiver goes on the bow until I get to the tree, then it gets hung up. I prefer it this way because it allows me to hold my bow that much more steady if I am at full draw for some time. it allows for better balance in my case. but walking around, it stays on the bow.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it also depends upon where and what you are hunting. I don't know many elk hunters that take their quiver off. Yes I have seen Will Primos do it and a few other on videos, but very few hunters in the west that are not hunting in a tree stand take their quiver off.

Quick Reply: To quiver or not to quiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.