Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many of you here elk hunt? >

How many of you here elk hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you here elk hunt?

Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many of you here elk hunt?

I know that the majority of bowhuntes on this site are deer hunters, but how many of you elk bowhunt every year or have bowhunted elk in the past. Also who hasn't but plans to in the furture. If you have an elk storie that would be great to here it as well. I'll have post one of my own as well. Jason
Old 04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: How many of you here elk hunt?

I am going on my first elk hunt this season...opening week of bow, late August in Colorado. My buddy has been three times before and missed a nice bull last trip. I am realistic knowing my chance for success is slim as I will only have one day to scout and 6-7 days to hunt but heck, ya never know.

Oh yeah, we are doing one of those do-it-yourself hunts(camping, scouting ourselves, etc.), and I will be 51, so.........I gotta get in shape. I am also thinking I need a GPS cause I am not gonna see elk by camp! I just rented 3 elk hunting tapes last night, one by Wayne Carlton.

Any tips, advice......just email me
Old 04-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-02-2005, 03:35 PM

I hunt elk hard every year for the month of Sept. I'm lucky enough since I moved to Alberta to live close to some nice areas. Just not lucky enough to fill my tag every year. It is very very addicting. I've shot a couple 6 points with my rifle but largest one with my bow has been a raghorn 5x5.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

CapDog, I can understand wanting a 6x6 with a bow, and when you do it you;ll never forget. I can remember my first 6x6 with a bow like it was yesterday. But with that said any elk with a bow is a trophy in my book!
Old 04-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted elk with a bow for the past three years, i have seen or ran into them at one time or another adding that it would be a thrill just to take a cow let alone a bull. i plan on a mixed aproach to see if i can get them in close enough hunting out of my climber or just sitting it out near a favorite wallow and hope the wind is in my favor.
I use cow calls and picked up a "Hoochie Mama" call ,,i heard those hoochies really work, they sound very good, and also bought some of those NAP nitron broadhead in 100's i saw those in action last year when my partner made a pass through on a muley at 40 yards zipped right through it like some bullet hole. Anyways gonna try again this year.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:35 PM

idaho, it has been my dream too hunt elk out there in the mountains.my work schedule wont let me[:@]. but i WILL hunt elk 1 of these days.i just cant get off enough time. except for a few quick beach or family oriented vacations ,not that that is a bad thing. but right now there is no way i could take 2 weeks for just hunting
Old 04-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt elk every year in helena mt. Good sport, lot nice elk in mt.I have passed on some real big bulls. They are normaly folowed my a very very big bull that I would like to shoot. So far I have killed a elk very year with bow or rifle just not monsters.Last year was the 1st year for 2 tags in MT me and wife taged out :}
Old 04-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt elk every year. I am lucky enough to live & work in a state that has over-the-counter elk tags.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Every year for the past 10 years. Just cant seeing missing a year.

Quick Reply: How many of you here elk hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.