Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fast Help Please (Need to get a youth bow) >

Fast Help Please (Need to get a youth bow)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fast Help Please (Need to get a youth bow)

Old 04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fast Help Please (Need to get a youth bow)

I know there's been numerous threads on youth bows out here (including one by me way long ago), but I need some fresh info, fast. My son's 12th birthday is Monday and he's really excited about hunting this year. I haven't had time to shop for a bow, now I'm down to the wire. I was thinking about giving him one of my old bows, but they won't fit. He can currently draw back 32 pounds. I'm looking for a bow that'll grow with him, but won't cost me my other child to get it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Default RE: Fast Help Please (Need to get a youth bow)

Go on line at bowtech.com They have a bow called a maderin for youth and women. Draw length and weight ranges are pretty large. I priced on at about $369 Brand new. Or try www.archerytalk.com they have a huge classified section. Good luck
Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-01-2005, 08:07 AM

Boy, 12 years old is tough. They grow so fast. I got my son a micro midas at 12 and it lasted him about 6 months before he grew out of it. I work at a pro shop and have sold alot of bows to kids his age. Depending on his size he is probably going to be to big for the Alpine Achery, or Browing micro midas, if not they are great bows,, with alot of draw adjustment. The parker buckhunter is a nice bow and has module replacements for draw length adjustments. It is also a full sized bow. They come in 40-50, 50-60,60-70. I hate to tell you to buy a bow at the bottom of its draw weight, but you may have to, to get him into something that will last a while. Her ia a list of bows you may want to look at.

hoyt rintec
hoyt ultrasport
parker buckhunter
pse spider
pse shark
alpine archery
browing micro midas
Hoyt sierratec

Go to a good pro shop and let them help you. They have alot of experience and may be able to give you some suggestions on a good fit.

good luck

oh, i forgot the 2004 renegade sbc
they give you a second set of limbs free once. I'm not sure if they still make them, but you might want to look into it.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 AM

Bowtech has the Miranda and Rascal. Darton has the Rebel and Ranger Series. They are both excellent bows for young shooters.
www.Bowtecharchery.com
www.Dartonarchery.com
Old 04-01-2005, 08:26 AM

If you are thinking of biting the bullet and buying him a new bow why not just give him a card that says he's getting a new bow and then take him bow shopping. Any time someone asks "what bow should I buy?" we always tell them to shop and shoot as many as possable. I don't know why this would be any diffrent. Actually IMO he may get more out of the shopping experience then if he just opened a present to find his new bow. He'll leand the proper way to shop for a bow and also I think it would be good father and son time.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: adams

If you are thinking of biting the bullet and buying him a new bow why not just give him a card that says he's getting a new bow and then take him bow shopping. Any time someone asks "what bow should I buy?" we always tell them to shop and shoot as many as possable. I don't know why this would be any diffrent. Actually IMO he may get more out of the shopping experience then if he just opened a present to find his new bow. He'll leand the proper way to shop for a bow and also I think it would be good father and son time. Just my $0.02
Very good idea! Spending time with your son on cool shopping experience like that will mean more than just buying a bow.IMO....And with this post I am finally a lifer
[/quote]
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone. Adams - good advice. I live about 45 minutes from Cabelas Dundee, MI. I think I'll take him there on Saturday and see if they have any bows mentioned here, or others for that matter.

RTA - congrats on your lifer statuship, (if that's a word).
Old 04-01-2005, 06:40 PM

It's a great idea to give him a card and take him to get a fit.
My 12 year old and I ran across a Micro quad, by Alpine archery I think,
He loved it but I didn't have the money at the time. It was very reasonably priced. Had a fairly good weight range and draw range if I remember correctly.

He hunted with a borrowed, used Micro Midas last year, a stuck a doe. We never found it, I got a branch in the eye while we were looking and had to cancel the search.

Lucky for me, my brother found him a used bow for $50 .
He's getting it for his birthday.....SSSHHHHHH
Old 04-01-2005, 07:04 PM

Bob,there is a good bow shop in Jackson if it helps. I don't know if it's closer for you.

Quick Reply: Fast Help Please (Need to get a youth bow)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.