Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-31-2005, 12:14 PM

Default RE: What is the "Weirdest" thing you've tried?

Ha, it's funny. I'm sure the guys in here saying using used tampons as a lure is sick are the same ones who, after just purchasing a brand new bottle of Doe in Estrous lure, get in their truck, open the bottle, and take a biiiiiiig sniff of it. Same concept here fellas.

Though I can't say that I've ever tried that one, I have tried the peanut butter in the pantyhose trick. Didn't work on any mature deer but I did have a fawn sniff around it a bit.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it's probably not the wierdest thing I've done while hunting . . . but I have attempted to "ruin" some scrapes in my hunting area in order to increase the odds of seeing deer at the scrapes I'm watching. I accomplised this by "freshening" the scrapes myself while walking in to my stand. I saw no deer at the "active" scrapes I was watching . . . and spooked a real giant buck on the walk out -- he was working the scrape I had "ruined."
Old 03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't give Bow too hard a time about the used tampons trick. Over the years there have been quite a few threads about it and quite a few hunters using this method successfully. Never tried it, but those who did it swore by it. Ask cardeer.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 PM

well bow when u find a method that works let me know and ill try it. now i have her for the bigfoot investagators they use some types of "femenine" products
Old 03-31-2005, 02:57 PM

I have heard of the "Tampon Trick" by a guy I work with at the campus cafeteria. He says he collects them, freezes them, and then hangs them in the trees when he goes out to rattle. Keep in mind he’s telling me this while others are around us eating lunch! Claims it works but I don't plan on ever hunting with him! One of the grossest things I had ever heard, don't plan on using it anytime soon, but I guess in theory it's no different than deer scents, IN THEORY!!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I know that Cardeer is going to get in on this one. I think that he has been selling the tampons on ebay. I don't think that it would work for me if a big pile of puke right beside the nasty little thing.[:'(] Maybe that explain why I got shot at one day trying to eat peanut butter out of a pair of pantyhose that I found hanging in a tree.
Gut! Stop it man, I'm gonna break a rib laughing at what you said! I can actually picture that... some guy all decked out in MO Breakup standing under the "peanutlure" with that "who me?" look on his face! LMAO!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:21 PM

that napkin stuff is sick. hell i won't even touch the stuff from my wife let alone somebody else. but the peanut butter and cider or apple juice is called baiting .[8D]
Old 03-31-2005, 08:38 PM

Who's the dumb a$$ that named them that "sanitary"...But after hearing about women being attack by animals(i.e bulls, stud horses ) I had to try it. Needless to say they didn't work for me but the woods looked like a ticker tape parade..
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 PM

Well, the weirdest thing I did was suggested by Cardeer! A buddy and I were after a really nice 10 point buck that we had nicknamed "The Ghost Buck". He would seem to appear and disappear from thin air! Well, the one chance I had at him, I shot right under him and spooked him. Cardeer gave me the idea to collect the dirt from this deers tracks, the "pellets" he left..... pretty much anything that had to do with this deer. He told me to put it in a little plastic bag and hang it from my stand while hunting! Well, the first time we used this trick, I left my friend use the bag and he had an encounter with the Ghost Buck. We were never successful in bagging this buck, but this method seemed to give us our chances!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 AM

I bet your daughters think your really special. I would rather never go deer hunting again then to go through the garbage looking for my daughters things. Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you wipe dog crap on you for a cover sent too...
Good Hunting.[&:]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.