Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More hog pics....please >

More hog pics....please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More hog pics....please

Old 03-29-2005, 07:20 AM

Default RE: More hog pics....please

Man, those are some great pictures.

Flat feet,
I would love to chase some pigs down there. What does an out of state license cost in Georgia? Is your season very long??

High Tine,
That thing is a beast What did you shoot him with? How far? What broadhead? Results. etc...
Old 03-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice porkers
Old 03-29-2005, 05:04 PM

here is a hog taken at wildhornbowhuntingranch 3 weeks ago 330#'s lots more like it

Old 03-30-2005, 08:40 AM

Razorback74,
Beautiful hog! Now....when you say lots more like it, does that mean you have more hog piics? If so, please.........."post away."

Thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 08:44 AM

Main, if you come down in deer or turkey season then you need the works about $208.
If you come on down after the deer season Jan 10 through Feb 28 the license is $25 for 7 days. I only hunt with a bow, but the base allows bows, muzzelloaders, and shotgun. The hunting is on a Military base than I am currently assigned to, I put my boat in a river on the back side of the base to hunt isolated areas. Mid Feb is the best time, most the gun hunters are burned out, and quit hunting by then. If you want to find it on a map it is Warner Robins GA about 1.5 hours south of Atlanta, just south of the base is a highway 96 go east to a river called the Ocmulgee. The property is on the west side of the river. We have seen hogs from 20 lbs to 400lbs no size limit or bag limit. There was two killed last year over 350lbs, but man that is allot of work. There is a season in the summer, but you can't see through the bugs, and snakes. Talk to you soon!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:50 AM

Oh Flat Feet,
You're drivin' me nuts man! That sounds so nice. The three of us that are going to Florida to hunt this summer, all work as teachers. We have a week off every year the third week of February. Fits nice to your hog season down there.

What kind of weather/temps do you get in mid to late Feb?

Kev
Old 03-30-2005, 08:52 AM

Morning it's about 28 to 35 average afternoon 40 to 55.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:56 AM

The biggest factor that time of year is keeping you feet dry it can get wet, depends on the amount of rain!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:40 AM

20yrds.

Matthews Outback 70# 30" draw.

Carbon Xpress 400gr. arrows

Muzzy 100gr. 3blade b.h.

It only poked in about 5 inches but it was in the heart so it was a dead pig quick.

ORIGINAL: mainehunt

Man, those are some great pictures.

High Tine,
That thing is a beast What did you shoot him with? How far? What broadhead? Results. etc...
Old 03-30-2005, 09:41 AM

Today is supposed to be about 45 here in Maine. And we'll be thrilled with that! We still have plenty of snow.

So, I guess if a man had a pair of good, insulated hip-boots, he'd be in business. (?)

And a canoe?

Quick Reply: More hog pics....please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.