Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do drop aways improve shooting >

do drop aways improve shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do drop aways improve shooting

Old 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM

Default do drop aways improve shooting

Has anyone expierenced arrows shooting better out of drop aways than bisqit.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:42 AM

Default RE: do drop aways improve shooting

Dont improve shooting, they improve your arrow contact with the rest, the shooting part is up to you. Its easier to get rid of fletching or arrow contact with a drop away than it is with a standard rest.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: primetimearcher

Has anyone expierenced arrows shooting better out of drop aways than bisqit.

I would think they would. With a wb you have a lot of contact and as long as the contact is equal on all the shafts no problem, but I don't think it would be. On my shafts some make more noise being pulled across the rest so I know some have more friction than others.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will definately help in clearance problems. One disadvantage is to have the string wrap around the rest as you draw. Are they worth the money? The fewer moving parts the less chance of malfunction. A quality fixed rest is my choice.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:10 PM

Practice improves shooting, drop aways eliminate clearance issues.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

I've not heard many people complain at the range about the Biscut style rests, although fletching making contact with anything is bound to affect arrow flight to some degree. Even if it's just a loss in fps, there has to be drag and wear issues over time.

The drop away's have been around for years, (remember the Barners?), but really just caught on as of late. Personally, I'm not a big fan of having to rely on an actuator cable attached to the bow in order to raise the arrow to its launch height. Murphy's Law there.

I think you would be much better off with a proven fixed rest. One that allows solid adjustability and zero fletching contact. I've not seen anyones bow shooting a drop or biscut launch an arrow any better than those sent over my Golden Premier. The paper tester and the chrono settles that.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they improve accuracy and arrow flight but not an individuals shooting ability. I know i put an MZE on my bow and my arrows flew straighter and formed tighter patterns. I still shot the same and didn't change anything in the way of form but the drop away helped me tremendously as far as accuracy goes.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:10 AM

Nope, I still shoot about the same. I like the fact that I can shoot an arrow with an offset fletching and not have clearence problems. Did someone already mentiion the benefits of added clearence?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:32 PM

I shoot better since I switched to drop aways.

Although I switched to bowtech from hoyt at the same time.

So it is either because of the Bowtech, the drop away, or more experience...

Or maybe it is a combination of all of the above.[8D]
Old 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM

I notice no difference at all. In the end, I went back to my old faithful, Golden Key 3D Hunter.

Quick Reply: do drop aways improve shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.