Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

walmart cam

Old 03-25-2005, 02:19 PM

Default walmart cam

Anyone tried walmarts $60 35 mm trail camera? The stealth cam MC2-GWN?
Old 03-25-2005, 04:48 PM

Default RE: walmart cam

my wife bought me one after finding out that i was going to go buy a "good one" for alot more money.bottom line is that cheaper one does everything that i was looking for. i got tons of pictures at daytime and nite time.i do wish i had a digital one because of the pain in the butt it is to go get film developed.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:56 PM

Pieces of junk in my opinion. I bought two at the same time. They both worked initially. One lasted through one roll of film. The other last till about 3 before they quit working altogether. I guess the ole saying "you get what you pay for" holds very true.

Others may have had success with this product, but I haven't.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:01 PM

i have one and going to buy a couple more. no problems here
Old 03-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

mike838
Got an idea for you to help with the wife.
explain how much you will save in the long run by getting a digital.
35mm uses more batteries + the # of times used = more $
35mm needs the film developed + #of times used = more $
you can make a digital game camera for about 1/2 of what it cost to buy one and use the digital camera outside of the game camera if need be.
Go to link
Old 03-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen pics from one and the pics were pretty blurry. But, having said that it could have been where they set it up and the sun could have been bright that day which might have caused the bad pics. I was thinking about buying until I saw those pics but if some of you are happy with yours I might try it out.....have to see more opinions in this thread.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I payed $40 for one on clearance but I haven't used it yet though.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had 2 up until I lost 1 of them in the flood last year, ( they dont make great underwater cams ) I still have the other one, and it works great, had it for 2 years.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:28 PM

I have one and it is working good so far. This reminds me that Ill need to change batteries soon.[:@] The developing cost get high really fast Im saving for a digital. Hopefully after this summer Ill have enough tucked away to get one.

The quailty is just as good as if you were sitten there with a regular camera taken still shots but I would recomend a digitial in the long run it will be a heck of alot cheaper.

Good luck
Old 03-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

stealth cam sucks. Sorry just pissed about mine. It doesnt rewind film at all, and it is so loud it scares deer. The flash will not scare them but the noises of the camera snapping and loading will.
Although I must say I have got some great pics with it. If you wanna check out pic quality let me kno and I will post them.

Jim

Quick Reply: walmart cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.