Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth cam Question >

Stealth cam Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth cam Question

Old 03-24-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Stealth cam Question

i have my stealth cam over looking a clover plot and i put a bucket of corn in front of it when i came back the next day all the corn was gone and there were tracks everywere but the counter said 0 but when i walked infront of it it took a picture of me and and the counter said 1 so why isent it taking pictures of deer
Old 03-24-2005, 02:30 PM

Default RE: Stealth cam Question

What's the tempreture? My digital stealth freezes up below 30 degrees F. I've herd of 35mm stealths running in temps well below 30 though. Could if have been aimed to high?
Old 03-24-2005, 03:01 PM

i have a 35mm and the temperature is like 40 and it is 3 feet off the ground
Old 03-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

I just picked mine up from the woods to get my last roll developed. It was out for 3 weeks in the freezing cold & only got 4 pics besides me going out to check it. Then it got warm & filled up in a week. It seems to work in the cold if the deer are hanging around it but gets real iffy if theyre just passing by. I was feeding them earlier in the winter & would fill a roll in a day or 2 but you could tell by the food pile that I was missing alot. I stopped feeding them & even tho I know they were walking by it I missed alot till it got warmer.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

I have had great luck with mine this year. The only thing I can suggest is make sure you are set up within 10-15 yds and with the camera set low-less than 3 feet. I have burned way to much film on deer and those dreaded coons. The flash doesn't seem to bother them and they will stay and eat their fill. I have caught deer moving down the trail that didn't stop and the corn. Generally these were the bucks and they were fairly close by the time the camera went off.