HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   anyone use lighted nocks? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/95039-anyone-use-lighted-nocks.html)

Angus74 03-23-2005 11:41 AM

anyone use lighted nocks?

Does anyone use the Lumenock or other lighted nock system? If so are they worth the money they cost? Ive seen them on tv and videos and they look like they would be awesome, but I wondered if anyone could tell me how well they performed. I know they are a little heavier and thats not an issue.

kshunter 03-23-2005 11:44 AM

RE: anyone use lighted nocks?

Good Question, I was wondering the same thing. Sounds like an interesting concept, if it is bright enough.

ijimmy 03-23-2005 02:18 PM

Ive used the luminock , didnt like them , very loose fit leading to poor arrow flight .

fatsbucknut 03-23-2005 03:36 PM

I've used a luminoc and loved it. I had no problems with it being loose, it was actually difficult to put in. Its great being able to watch your arrows flight

BowHuntingFool 03-23-2005 07:37 PM

I use them and always will. Never had a problem!:)

idahoelkinstructor 03-23-2005 09:34 PM

They are illegal in Idaho. So I haven't tried them yet but I would like to just for fun.

Deleted User 03-24-2005 07:06 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

RiverBottomBowHunter 03-24-2005 07:26 AM

I also use the tracer nocks. I love them. If you have these you'll know exactly where your arrow hits.

ijimmy 03-24-2005 07:30 AM

If I were to try them again , tracers would be the way to go .Where the nock goes into the bushing is metal , I would think they would be a tighter fit .

Concerning the luminocks , I don't see how you could get a tight fit with them . They work of the principle of wiggling the nock in the arrow to turn them off . In the TV add they shoot a hog and the nock flies off the arrow , and thats their add . When I say they are loose , they are very loose and it wrecks arrow flight . But hey try um and find out for yourself , I think they are only like $15 for 3 of them .

Lady Forge 03-25-2005 06:11 AM

I was given some Luminocks to shoot and get them seen by other archers in my area.
I ended up using them for a evening Lamp Lighter Shoot or called a(Coon Shoot ).
I found they are great fun for a Coon Shoot...... The boys all had me shoot first with my Luminock arrow and then they would turnoff their flashlights and just aim for my lighted up nock in the target.... other than that times use I really havent shot them much since there weight was a bit to heavey for my setup at the time. But they were Fun.