Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you support a doe only season... >

Would you support a doe only season...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you support a doe only season...

Old 04-05-2005, 07:09 PM

Default RE: Would you support a doe only season...

Fastfire, I'm from souther lower Michigan. Lot's O'Deer
Old 04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

yes, and antler restrictions the next...
Old 04-09-2005, 12:29 AM

I think this would be a great idea. We have been shooting alot of does, and just can't seem to catch up. The DNR has upped the number of deer allowed per hunter from two to five for the last two years(one buck/doe and four antlerless) in some areas of the state. Just not enough hunters willing to shoot does. Where I hunt there are big deer but, they are few and far between. Alot of 1.5-2.5 year old bucks being shot. A year of doe only would be great in alot of area of the state.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:45 PM

i would because there are many more does then bucks and a doe can be just as big as a buck and have the same amount of meat
Old 04-12-2005, 06:42 PM

Hello all !!!!!!!!!
I've been lurking here for a long time and this is the best read I've ever had It made me sign up. I would def. suport a doe only season DEPENDING ON THE AREAS IT WERE TO BE APPLIED TO
(I've hunted in states where I have seen 30 deer a day for a 2 week hunt and then come back home (Mass.) and sat all season and only see 5 or 6 deer nevermind bucks. In my home state SHURE I WOULD IF WE NEEDED IT. I sat on a farm one night (WITH ALL THE CORRECT CD TAGS ) and shot 5 does in 1 evening. I love does(no prob shooting them ) and to be honest I just feel we as hunters need to apply pressure where its needed in the areas we hunt to improve our own experiences in the woods. The prob is when we say to ourselves "Im just going to shoot does in my area this year or just 8 or better with 15 inside unless we all do the same I feel my good intentions will be wasted on someone else who doesnt feel the same way I do and goes and harvests an animal I let walk. I just do my best
Old 04-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Would you support a doe only season in your state for one year to help balance the buck to doe ratio and increase the age structure of the buck pouplation?
No
Old 04-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd rather see it for 2 or 3 years as a minimum. Numbers of does killed can always be controlled by bag limits. Most states have multiple doe tags today. Yup, 2 or 3 years country wide would be nice. Then you wouldn't find state B overrun by state A residences when they closed they're buck season.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 AM

Yes, I would definitely support a doe only season. Personally I would like to see an earn-a-buck program instituted in this state. I know Wisconsin hunters did not like it thier first year but I think these things need to be given a chance to see how they work. Remember give it time to make it right.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I would if I had the time. We have one every year in Iowa after the regular gun seasons close and I want to go just never have the time.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes

Quick Reply: Would you support a doe only season...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.