Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Proven Whitetail Tactics" >

"Proven Whitetail Tactics"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Proven Whitetail Tactics"

Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default "Proven Whitetail Tactics"

I am reading a book written by Greg Miller "Proven Whitetail Tactics. Just wondering if anyone knows much about him and if you have ever tried any of his tactics.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "Proven Whitetail Tactics"

no
Old 03-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

Greg Miller is a BIG name in the whitetail world. I know he writes a lot of articles for North American Whitetail magazine and he has written some great ones. If I was you I'd thoroughly read that book. You don't have to agree with everything he does but at least take bits and pieces of his advice and adapt it to your own plan.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

I agree about Greg Miller's writings. Good, solid approach to sorting out what the Whitetail shows you in the field. I would also recommend reading Peter Fiduccia's "Whitetail Stategies" another wealth of usable and practical information
Old 03-11-2005, 06:27 AM

Greg Miller is a good guy. Everything he talks about is real, and he has expericed first hand. He doesn't spend alot of time on theries and peoples beliefs, I saw him speak last month, I think he shot 5or 6 monsters this year.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:27 AM

Anyone ever read up on anything from Dr. Ken Norberg?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:49 AM

Didn't he do the bow review for a bowhunting mag.(Norberg that is.) Anything you you can read about deer is a plus. Check out deer&deer hunting mag, it's a good one. Charles Alshieser is one of the best also.Not sure if the spelling is right on his name, but if you look at the pics in hunting mags he's all over them.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:06 AM

You don't have to agree with everything he does but at least take bits and pieces of his advice and adapt it to your own plan.
Excellent advise. I read a lot of book and not everything that works one place will work another but by taking bits and pieces and configuring you own plan you've got a plan to success. That said, I think you'll find a lot of good tips in Greg's book.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:10 AM

Check out his other books hunting rublines and aggresive whitetail hunting.Alsheimer and Leonard Rue are real good also.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:14 AM

I love reading books by Greg Miller. I agree, not all is usable in my neck of the woods, but still good info to store away for future use.

Read Rubline Secrets and Agressive Whitetail Hunting. Both very good.

Also, for a good read, check out Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon(sp). That book was interesting.

If you really want to be inspired, read Super Slam! by Chuck Adams.

Quick Reply: "Proven Whitetail Tactics"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.